Gtx 1080ti vs RTX 2080ti @ 3440x1440 100hz

Holmes2468
1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

How is mining any different than rendering or gaming?

Mining pings the card 100% for days to months at a time. Gaming is a on and off task that goes for hours. You should see how many times the  client I work for changes out their Quattro Cards in the servers. 

18 minutes ago, Holmes2468 said:

Mining pings the card 100% for days to months at a time. Gaming is a on and off task that goes for hours. You should see how many times the  client I work for changes out their Quattro Cards in the servers. 

Rendering would do the same thing for the same periods. Same with gaming except gaming will be pushed even further, along with more power and voltage. 

Have 3 rows of titans, none have ever failed. No reason for them to. Exactly what they are built for.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Well. I made my decision. I'm getting the evga 1080ti. Then I'm going to use their 90day trade up program. 

Great choice. This is what a couple of my friends are planning.

| Ryzen R9 3900x Enermax LIQTECH II 360  | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero| Nivida FE RTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200MHZ | Crucial 500 GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue SSD| Corsair HX 750w  Platinum+ |Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega| Gigabyte Arous 27QD 1440p 144hz

It seems you don't really care about the price as long as you get better visuals (considering you were thinking of getting an rtx pre-ordered), so I'd say go for it, even tho I'd never do it 

I feel like you're the kind of person that will regret not having something like ray tracing cause it could have looked better

If you're gonna spend money on a Ti just cause you like the detail and don't wanna drop the settings a bit, it's basically as ridiculous as going for the rtx

I have a 1080fe and put a custom cooler on it for $60 , best move ever. With the custom cooler the card can do max boost without ever coming close to thermal throttling.  The only issue it faces now is power throttling because it only has one 8 pin connector.  The ti (any version) with the same custom cooler would reach its max potential and in my opinion will make it viable until the next gen cards are out that will undoubtedly sort out the first gen issues with ray tracing. 

So my 1080Ti's hybrid rad failed and had it for an RMA. Gonna come back around the release date of the 2080s -- the card's gonna be fresh, never ran before besides the factory & luckily the local computer shop is willing to buy it for the full price I purchase it with which is basically $900. And I'm gonna end up paying only a couple hundred box for the RTX technology. But again, wait for the benchmarks, your youtube's gonna filled with it on release. + if you have GSync then it shouldn't really matter for 100hz ultra settings.

twitch.tv/oliv_r