Good cpu coolers that don't need backplates

MrMemelord

I've got a prebuilt hp pc that I want to upgrade the cooler on, but it doesn't have a cutout at the back like most gaming pcs. To install a cpu cooler with a backplate, I'd have to take the entire motherboard out and the weird hdd cages as well. I don't see this worth it, because I can't overclock my cpu. So is there anything without a backplate that's good? Or at least just a little upgrade over the stock cooler

15 minutes ago, MrMemelord said:

I've got a prebuilt hp pc that I want to upgrade the cooler on, but it doesn't have a cutout at the back like most gaming pcs. To install a cpu cooler with a backplate, I'd have to take the entire motherboard out and the weird hdd cages as well. I don't see this worth it, because I can't overclock my cpu. So is there anything without a backplate that's good? Or at least just a little upgrade over the stock cooler

It would help us a bit if you could tell us the model of the pc so that we could do some research on the mobo.  The more information that you provide, the more help we can be.

Sorry it’s not much. My budget was tight, and I just had to get away from Intel HD Graphics.

What's the current cooler and why do you want to replace it?

If you're not sure, post a photo of it. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Post pics of the inside of the PC, and the back with the panel off if possible

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

Here’s some pictures. I want to upgrade it for better thermals, and lower noise. There’s only room for one 92mm fan at the back, so a better cooler could help circulation I believe. Afraid there isn’t a back panel to remove, since it’s a more office-looking computer.

B964416A-E1F7-4D9E-8360-DCF71ECD7540.jpeg

81F41D18-DDFA-40E5-B972-100AA29BC76D.jpeg

63155848-8519-49BF-BF51-9C176232A7D9.jpeg

TX3 Evo if you can find one. Thats like 212 Evo of 92mm coolers. Cryorigs M9i will beat it, but it also uses backplate.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, MrMemelord said:

Here’s some pictures. I want to upgrade it for better thermals, and lower noise. There’s only room for one 92mm fan at the back, so a better cooler could help circulation I believe. Afraid there isn’t a back panel to remove, since it’s a more office-looking computer

Unless I'm mistaken, the cooler currently installed screws into a backplate.

What are your temps? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Not gonna lie, for a stock cooler, I thought my temps would be much higher! I'm not even sure if I need an upgrade. While idling, the CPU sits at around 20 Celsius. I ran the cinebench r15 CPU benchmark, and the CPU only got up to about 50 celsius. I also opened up MSI Afterburner and found out that the whine I've been hearing has come from my GPU fan, not the CPU Cooler. I feel kinda dumb now :P 

11 hours ago, MrMemelord said:

Not gonna lie, for a stock cooler, I thought my temps would be much higher! I'm not even sure if I need an upgrade. While idling, the CPU sits at around 20 Celsius. I ran the cinebench r15 CPU benchmark, and the CPU only got up to about 50 celsius. I also opened up MSI Afterburner and found out that the whine I've been hearing has come from my GPU fan, not the CPU Cooler. I feel kinda dumb now :P 

That sounds more like it. Did you set a custom fan curve for the graphics card?

10 hours ago, MrMemelord said:

Sounds like sensors are being wacky. Or system is in room where ambient is 10C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Weird. My room isn't that cool, and I'm using speedfan to monitor temps.

10 hours ago, MrMemelord said:

Weird. My room isn't that cool, and I'm using speedfan to monitor temps.

Its probably sensor issue. Idle temps should be 10-20C over room temp. Meaning that my CPU is at 37C idle in 23C room.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv