Good curve for fans?

ShiroiTenshi

Hello. It's a bit silly question but would someone be able to provide a good fan curve if I have 3 120mm exhaust fans and 2 140mm intake fans? I'm a bit confused about the exhaust, at what temperatures I should set them and at what rpm's.

I just usually set my case fans to 850-900rpm  nice and quiet but still good airflow.

my GPU curve for reference,

gpu curve.JPG

What I do is this.  Find the speed at which the fan is barely audible and use this as the floor of the curve as there's no point in going slower. And take this floor speed all the way up to idle temp. Then I figure out which temp I don't want it go go above and set 100% fan speed at a few degrees below that temperature. Then just make a slope between those points. 

Fan curves are really up to you as long as you're within operating temps.  What temps are you okay with?  What noise levels are you okay with.  My advice would be to set the fans to their max speed before they are audible to you to the point you don't want to listen to them and then pick a temp and slowly raise the fan curve.

Its more about personal preference than anything else. If you are comfortable with having bit higher general use temps, you don't need fans to spin that fast. In results its quieter when you aren't doing anything heavy.

My way of setup is to boost all fans to 100% and lower rpm until it hits point where I can still bear noise. Usually its about 70-80% for case fans. Then I check what is lowest speed fans spin. This would be idle/low load speed, usually 30% for 3pin fans. Curve is either linear or logarithmic. I use mainly linear ones, but this depends bit on what temps is my low load goal, and what temp I consider to be max. For CPU these would be 40C and 75C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv