Is the i7-8700K enough?

My question is that is the I7-8700K in a single PC with a 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM enough for Multi-tasking on Dual Monitor Setup and also streaming at 1080/60FPS 12MBPS Very fast preset? Or do I really have to get myself the 2700x? I love the 2700x but I'm just not sure about it patching that good with the 2080-Ti. Since, Ryzen 2700x is only 6% on average slower than the I7-8700K I know that is a low ass difference but when it comes to streaming, the minimums changes for both of them. Since, Intel has the better single core performance they have good gaming performance and same reason why Intel has such good minimums. Plus, I'll be playing on a 240Hz monitor with the 2080-Ti and waiting for the reviews haven't pre-ordered yet just in case you guys are thinking. I'll be most likely streaming games like:
-PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

-Battlefield V

-Fornite

-Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six Siege 

-Grand Theft Auto V

45972cba4cb52a5ac258f29c9727bdbeb0afceba.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Lieo said:

The Ryzen 8 core will be better for streaming, just wait for the intel 8 core coming soon enough if you aren't going Ryzen, though ryzen will likely remain cheaper.

Also would probably just stick to a cheap 1080ti when the 2080ti drops, actual gaming performance doesn't seem like too big of a jump.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

If you will not be using CPU encoding, you're fine.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

3 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

If you will not be using CPU encoding, you're fine.

Will a Capture Card do any help with the encoding?

17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The Ryzen 8 core will be better for streaming, just wait for the intel 8 core coming soon enough if you aren't going Ryzen, though ryzen will likely remain cheaper.

Also would probably just stick to a cheap 1080ti when the 2080ti drops, actual gaming performance doesn't seem like too big of a jump.

Another question which is related to Memory, Is 16GB enough for streaming and Multi-tasking like google chrome, using twitch and other stuff?

3 minutes ago, Lieo said:

Will a Capture Card do any help with the encoding?

Capture card is only taking video (and maybe even audio) stream and serving it to you. If you are using same PC for gaming and streaming, capture card is not going to help you at all. You will need one if you game on one PC and doing the streaming on another, then you need to get the video output from one to the other.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 minute ago, jj9987 said:

Capture card is only taking video (and maybe even audio) stream and serving it to you. If you are using same PC for gaming and streaming, capture card is not going to help you at all. You will need one if you game on one PC and doing the streaming on another, then you need to get the video output from one to the other.

And is there any difference with Nvidia Shadowplay and Elgato HD60 Pro recording. I mean is the Nvidia Shadowplay enough for recording the gameplay for YouTube videos with 1080/60FPS or no I need to get a capture card for that since I need good quality. The videos on YouTube I have seen shows a minor difference between the Capture Card gameplay recording and Nvidia Shadowplay except that Nvidia shadowplay makes you lose 1-3FPS.

10 minutes ago, Lieo said:

And is there any difference with Nvidia Shadowplay and Elgato HD60 Pro recording. I mean is the Nvidia Shadowplay enough for recording the gameplay for YouTube videos with 1080/60FPS or no I need to get a capture card for that since I need good quality. The videos on YouTube I have seen shows a minor difference between the Capture Card gameplay recording and Nvidia Shadowplay except that Nvidia shadowplay makes you lose 1-3FPS.

If you're going to use NVENC encoding in shadowplay or OBS then your CPU won't matter as much, though that kind of encoding can be limiting, probably doesn't matter for most people

16GBs of RAM is fine.

Could also just get a way cheap R5 2600 to keep 6 cores/12 threads over the i7 8700K.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Is there a big difference between the gaming performance of the Ryzen 2700x and i7-8700K normally without streaming? Like for casual YouTube 1080/60FPS videos. Do you think I'll be able to render a 1080P video and game at the same time with a game like PUBG or Fortnite?

Just now, Lieo said:

Is there a big difference between the gaming performance of the Ryzen 2700x and i7-8700K normally without streaming? Like for casual YouTube 1080/60FPS videos. Do you think I'll be able to render a 1080P video and game at the same time with a game like PUBG or Fortnite?

More cores is more fun.

Gaming difference in the average AAA game is like 15-20fps for the 2600/2700 vs a stock 8700K

5b7d27e5ac595_AverageGamingPerformance.png.870f49bfcc9279db8a766656fee105f5.png

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

More cores is more fun.

Gaming difference in the average AAA game is like 15-20fps for the 2600/2700 vs a stock 8700K

5b7d27e5ac595_AverageGamingPerformance.png.870f49bfcc9279db8a766656fee105f5.png

Thank you for this and 

15 minutes ago, Lieo said:

Hopefully you can help me with this..

Just now, Lieo said:

Thank you for this and 

Hopefully you can help me with this..

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you're going to use NVENC encoding in shadowplay or OBS then your CPU won't matter as much, though that kind of encoding can be limiting, probably doesn't matter for most people

16GBs of RAM is fine.

Could also just get a way cheap R5 2600 to keep 6 cores/12 threads over the i7 8700K.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

I'm talking about a normal casual recording of gaming. Not on OBS, the Nvidia Shadowplay, recording gameplays for YouTube no streaming and 1080p/60fps

48 minutes ago, Lieo said:

I'll be playing on a 240Hz monitor with the 2080-Ti

Why 240hz? Doubt you will get 240fps minumum in a lot of those games especially when streaming and if it not Gsync you will notice some occasional micro stutter.

48 minutes ago, Lieo said:

and also streaming at 1080/60FPS 12MBPS Very fast preset?

9_stream-pubg-ryzen2-viewer.png

You probably fine with very fast preset on Intel 8700k. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Why 240hz? Doubt you will get 240fps minumum in a lot of those games especially when streaming and if it not Gsync you will notice some occasional micro stutter.

9_stream-pubg-ryzen2-viewer.png

You probably fine with very fast preset on Intel 8700k. 

I understand and what about normal gaming. Like just making videos for YouTube and using Nvidia Shadowplay, I'll just get the 180Hz G-Sync Monitor and hopefully get around 140FPS in all games at Max on the 2080-Ti.

Some of these games are online and you said you are going to stream this means more cores= more performance.

1 hour ago, EfePro9 said:

Some of these games are online and you said you are going to stream this means more cores= more performance.

Yes PUBG and Fortnite, But what about without streaming?

My friend here are my 2 cents:

1. If you want to stream and game on the same PC then get 2700x and a decent x470 motherboard. There is absolutely no reason to get 8700k for streaming. Maybe 8core intel cpus that will come in distant future will do something about this but I expect it being MUCH more expensive.

2. If you worry about FPS in games with 2700x then don't - the 2700x will push over 100fps with a right GPU and this is basically all you need in the games you want to play/stream.

3. 16GB Ram I think will be enough for multitasking (stream+game+twitch). Just have minimal amount of Chrome tabs opened - chrome can be ram-intensive.

4. 16GB ram can be limiting if you want to game+render at the same time, but even so you shouldn't get that much of a performance decrease.

5. If you're not so set on getting over 144fps in all titles all the time the 1080Ti is sufficient enough for everything you want to do, 2080Ti will be probably more reasonable only if you plan to game at 1440p or 4k. But then higher res is not good for streaming/YT.

Hope this helps :)

5 hours ago, Lieo said:

Yes PUBG and Fortnite, But what about without streaming?

Already covered that, ryzen's performance outside of streaming is still perfectly fine, and it has a soldered IHS vs Coffee lake which makes it easier to cool.

Average Gaming Performance.png

Spoiler

• 2 months later...

8700k and the Ryzen 7 2700x doesnt have much diffrences at gaming and if we look at price tags ryzen is cheaper so i think go and get the Ryzen 7 because its cheaper it has more cores and at daily usage they dont have any diffrence in also gaming maybe 10 fps. I am hoping that this will help to you.