windows ram nearly full

Tiwaz

Good day guys!

So I am having an issue with ram usage with windows 10. In Task Manager my ram even after start up is 90-92% and when i launch are more demanding game its pinned at 99% and stuttery and laggy. Sometimes the issue occurs, then after a Windows update it  disappears and with a new update it occurs again and i have never found a fix for it. The only thing besides a game that uses a few hundred MBs of RAm are Chrome and My Anti virus, but thats never more than 1GB.

I also have a screenshot and i would really appreciate further help!

thanks in advance,

Tiwaz

specs:

i5 4690k 

aorus gtx 1080 ti

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3

4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz

Silverstone 750W 80+Gold

scrnsht.JPG

5 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

Good day guys!

So I am having an issue with ram usage with windows 10. In Task Manager my ram even after start up is 90-92% and when i launch are more demanding game its pinned at 99% and stuttery and laggy. Sometimes the issue occurs, then after a Windows update it  disappears and with a new update it occurs again and i have never found a fix for it. The only thing besides a game that uses a few hundred MBs of RAm are Chrome and My Anti virus, but thats never more than 1GB.

thanks in advance,

Tiwaz

specs:

i5 4690k 

aorus gtx 1080 ti

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3

4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz

Silverstone 750W 80+Gold

Does task manager say it's detecting all 16GB of RAM?

Have you tried taking out sticks and reseating them in the motherboard? 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

In task manager go to the Performance tab and check the memory usage there and see how much RAM is detected by the system, and how much is paged/non-paged/committed/etc.
Then down the bottom click the "Resource Monitor" button. Then go to the Memory tab in that and see what is using any abnormal amounts of RAM. I've found sometimes it shows things that aren't shown in the Processes menu of task manager.

Also run a scan with your anti virus software to see if you have any viruses that are using the RAM.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

46 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

Good day guys!

thanks in advance,

Tiwaz

specs:

i5 4690k 

aorus gtx 1080 ti

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3

4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz

Silverstone 750W 80+Gold

Can yout ake a screenshot of the "Memory" section of the "Performance" tab? Like the pic I attached below.

That is much more useful to us than showing the details tab if you're having memory contention issues, since it explains "where" memory is being used, rather than just "what" is using parts of it in working set, which doesn't include many system processes. Additionally, Windows 10 changed the way memory usage is shown on the "Details" tab, resulting in much lower numbers than before (after people complained about Windows 8.1 using lots of memory, they changed it back to how Windows XP showed it).

mem.png

@Tiwaz

Thanks for that. Your "non paged pool" is very high, indicating a driver on your system is misbehaving, as @M.Yurizaki said.

It should be no higher than a few hundred MB at most, but on your system it's using 11.5GB of your memory space.

I have attached a file to this post called poolmon.exe. Poolmon is a Microsoft utility designed to find faults with drivers and to find more information out about how they use resources. Normally, you'd need to download the WDK to get this, but it's only a 28KB utility and the WDK is a more than 1.5GB download, so I have attached it here for convenience. If you prefer to get it using the WDK, follow the link I posted above.

Once you have poolmon.exe downloaded (either via the one attached to this post, or through the WDK), open a PowerShell window in the folder where it's contained by shift+right-clicking in the same folder and selecting "open PowerShell window here". Then type: ".\poolmon.exe -b -p" without the quotes; it should show you something like the picture below.

poolmonnpp.thumb.png.acb12ab484ca4234ab5424d19a2cb279.png

Once you have that, screenshot it and attach it to the thread so I can analyse it for you.

poolmon.exe

On 21.8.2018 at 8:15 PM, Tabs said:

@Tiwaz

Thanks for that. Your "non paged pool" is very high, indicating a driver on your system is misbehaving, as @M.Yurizaki said.

It should be no higher than a few hundred MB at most, but on your system it's using 11.5GB of your memory space.

I have attached a file to this post called poolmon.exe. Poolmon is a Microsoft utility designed to find faults with drivers and to find more information out about how they use resources. Normally, you'd need to download the WDK to get this, but it's only a 28KB utility and the WDK is a more than 1.5GB download, so I have attached it here for convenience. If you prefer to get it using the WDK, follow the link I posted above.

Once you have poolmon.exe downloaded (either via the one attached to this post, or through the WDK), open a PowerShell window in the folder where it's contained by shift+right-clicking in the same folder and selecting "open PowerShell window here". Then type: ".\poolmon.exe -b -p" without the quotes; it should show you something like the picture below.

poolmonnpp.thumb.png.acb12ab484ca4234ab5424d19a2cb279.png

Once you have that, screenshot it and attach it to the thread so I can analyse it for you.

poolmon.exe

thanks man, gonna try it out