External HDD USB Port is Loose

Djmonsters

Hello!

I have had this Seagate Expansion HDD with me for almost 7 years with no other trouble. The thing is lately the drive's data port (USB 3.0 Micro B) has been very loose resulting in flaky connections where:

a) The drive is powered (There is a green indicator light at the top when connected) but can't transmit/receive data.   :S 

b) The drive fully works but "ANY minute" cable wobble at the port side will instantly knock out the transfer  (Annoying when transferring large files like steam games or a photo library >:( )

c) Same as b) but instead of KO'ing the transfer, the speeds will sometimes wildly fluctuate or just slow to a crawl     :/

The best I can do at the time is to orient the drive in a particular manner or apply some force upwards from the cable just to maintain the connection. 

One workaround I tried is using a Micro USB 2.0 cable to the drive and the connection somehow works and is secure but bottlenecks the performance. 

(From 120-130 MB/s reads and writes with USB 3.0 to just 40 MB/s with USB 2.0)

Any suggestions? Cause I am initially planning to open the drive and use a pair of nose pliers to "gently" tighten the port with the cable inserted.

IMG_20180821_161526.jpg

IMG_20180821_161537.jpg

IMG_20180821_161553.jpg

Any idea where can i buy a spare port like that? I can't seem to find it on amazon or newegg