I hate windows buggy taskbar

elfishz1

this is one of the most annoying thing iv'e seen on windows 10. Randomly my taskbar will break and think my mouse is still on on, which stops it from disappearing when i watch a fullscreen youtube video. How do fix this?

Not sure.  I have Win 10 though and have never had that issue.  Might be a driver issue with your mouse if you have a special one.

1 minute ago, GeoffLucas said:

Not sure.  I have Win 10 though and have never had that issue.  Might be a driver issue with your mouse if you have a special one.

It's one of those cheap peripherals that is from a random brand. I don't know where to download it, or if windows even auto downloaded it. 

end windows explorer from task manager and open it again.

Yep, Windows 10s Taskbar has been buggy as hell from day one. Recently across 3 different PCs I witnessed the Star Menu break and crash only to restart itself. 

Microsoft has put quality in the backseat and made data collection the priority. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

7 hours ago, elfishz1 said:

this is one of the most annoying thing iv'e seen on windows 10. Randomly my taskbar will break and think my mouse is still on on, which stops it from disappearing when i watch a fullscreen youtube video. How do fix this?

If the task bar crashes, it means File Explorer crashes.

File Explorer can crash from a variety of reasons, so there is no obvious fix. The usual culprits are:

• GPU Drivers or other drivers. For example, those USB display extenders, or gpu drivers.
  • Some software or driver software that attempts to interact with File Explorer, like adding buttons on the title bar of things, or thinks it is running on Windows XP and wants to load some shitty tool bar, or something. Find it, and uninstall it. The issue here is that the program might not be running visually, as it could register itself as a DLL file as a File Explorer "add-on" and crashes  the whole thing due to a bug. For example: system tweak tools, dual monitor software, software that adds desktop features, anti-virus or anti-malware software (beside Windows Defender).
  • Corrupted system files. Rare, but possible.
  • Faulty hardware, like faulty RAM

You can try and see if Event Viewer gives you any info about a crash. Check it out right after your next crash.