Monitor wont connect to pc

stamsem
Go to solution Solved by mymande,
19 minutes ago, stamsem said:

Im pretty sure the ram is in the right slots and I will try to put the gpu into the other slot, but doesnt that make a difference as in where you put the gpu?

no we know that your pcie slots work

have you tried plugging the hdmi cable into another port on your gpu ?

you can also try to plug the cable into your motherboard, i know ryzen does not have integrated graphics but you should be able to access the bios

I have just built my pc, but when I try to turn it on the monitor says “no signal”. The monitor works, because I have tested it on the ps4 and there it just goes on. I’ve tried reconnecting the hdmi-cable and reconnecting the gpu but it won’t turn on. I am afraid a couple of pins on the back of the mobo may have bend, because I had to use a lot of force when inserting the RAM.

Is my mobo broken or am I doing something wrong?

Pics of ram, motherboard and gpu?

What are your other specs?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

My specs are:

Ryzen 5 2600

Gigabyte X470 aorus ultra gaming

g.skill ripjaws V 2x4gb 3200mhz

seasonic focus plus gold 550w

EVGA geforce gtx 1060 sc gaming

samsung 860 evo 250gb

WD blue 1tb 7200rpm

image.jpg

Yes all my fans spin and the lights on my mobo turn on

Im pretty sure the ram is in the right slots and I will try to put the gpu into the other slot, but doesnt that make a difference as in where you put the gpu?

Nope it still says “no signal detected”

19 minutes ago, stamsem said:

no we know that your pcie slots work

have you tried plugging the hdmi cable into another port on your gpu ?

you can also try to plug the cable into your motherboard, i know ryzen does not have integrated graphics but you should be able to access the bios

I put the hdmi cable into the mobo to begin with. I don’t think I can put it in the gpu

1 minute ago, stamsem said:

I don’t think I can put it in the gpu

you should be able to connect it into the gpu, 

since it does not has another hdmi you can try using a DVI or DisplayPort

On the box of the gpu it does say that I can put it somewhere, I’m gonna check the manual. Also, I don’t have a displayport or dvi cable.

oh do not worry just select my post as the answer to the question so you can close the thread 

3 minutes ago, stamsem said:

Omg it works thank you so much. I had to remove some caps in front of the port

As soon as I saw your thread title and the original post "I just built my PC" I knew this would be it. To be clear, by no means am I mocking or teasing you - this happens to A LOT more people than you think. :) It's almost better you figured it out by trial and error (with some help on the forums) though, because now you'll know to check this for any computer you built (or help others build) in the future.

Some motherboards do let you use the on-board integrated graphics with the dedicated GPU, for say adding another monitor if you've maxed out the ports on your GPU, however, you won't get the gaming performance from the motherboard video out if you do this, so it's best to leave this feature disabled and just use your GPU.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Yeah my dad also said “just try it yourself” and if I really couldn’t get it he would call someone