How to bump threads?

Fasauceome
Go to solution Solved by minibois,

Whenever you go into a sub forum (the links on the front page to different parts of the forum, like General Discussion, Programs and app.. etc.) the first thread you see are the stickies (threads permanently stuck at the top, because they are important to that sub forum, like its rules) and below that you see user made threads. The first thread there is the thread that was last commented on.

So if your thread has had no activity in 24 hours, it will slowly fall to the bottom or the page, or worse, go to the second page. Bumping is just commenting on your own thread (usually jump saying 'bump' or 'pls help' which will cause it to rise to the top of the sub forum, so there is a higher chance of users seeing your thread (and hopefully participating/helping).

TL;DR: it posting on your own thread to make it better visible.

LTT is the first forum I've ever used, so not only do I have a vague idea of what "bumping" is (I think it has to do with refreshing the visibility of my thread,) I also have no clue how to do it. It doesn't help that the search tool searches for words inside threads as opposed to thread titles, so if someone shows me the rules and the how-to for bumping threads, I'd appreciate it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

There's no way to do it on here other than adding a new reply to the thread, which will put it back to the top of the subforum it's posted in. 

Some IPB forums do have a feature where you can bump a thread without having to post, but here we don't. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Whenever you go into a sub forum (the links on the front page to different parts of the forum, like General Discussion, Programs and app.. etc.) the first thread you see are the stickies (threads permanently stuck at the top, because they are important to that sub forum, like its rules) and below that you see user made threads. The first thread there is the thread that was last commented on.

So if your thread has had no activity in 24 hours, it will slowly fall to the bottom or the page, or worse, go to the second page. Bumping is just commenting on your own thread (usually jump saying 'bump' or 'pls help' which will cause it to rise to the top of the sub forum, so there is a higher chance of users seeing your thread (and hopefully participating/helping).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

21 minutes ago, Minibois said:

ah, i see.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 hours ago, fasauceome said:

ah, i see.

Not completely sure, but it might be frowned upon. . .

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14