Selling my pc, maybe with OS?

#Banana
Go to solution Solved by Origami Cactus,
1 minute ago, #Banana said:

Ok,well then whats the best way to remove windows? i imagine the buyer might want to see the pc working before i sell it. ill have to remove it after that point i imagine.

Just reinstall windows, but when it asks for a licence, click "i dont have a key", when it asks you to sign in click "i dont want to" and so on.

In the end you will have a fully working win 10 pc with no licence and no microsoft account, and that would be the state i would sell the pc in.

Because functionally it is fully functioning, but you just cant change the desktop wallpaper and that is it.

So im planning on selling my full system because i want to upgrade to a better work station system. I was thinking about including windows 10 but as we all know its Microsoft account bound.

What is the best way to include windows 10 with a pc?

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

If you have windows 10 OEM version that is motherboard tied.

Also there was a way to remove windows 10 licences from your account, so someone else could use them, but i dont know about it nowadays, companies love to remove useful functions. (last i saw it was 1 1/2 years ago)

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

If you have windows 10 OEM version that is motherboard tied.

Also there was a way to remove windows 10 licences from your account, so someone else could use them, but i dont know about it nowadays, companies love to remove useful functions. (last i saw it was 1 1/2 years ago)

I was thinking of just buying a fresh copy off kinguin for 20 or 30. when setting up windows dont you have to attach it to an account?

Just now, #Banana said:

I was thinking of just buying a fresh copy off kinguin for 20 or 30. when setting up windows dont you have to attach it to an account?

no, oem licences dont attach to accounts.

But buying from kinguin is a bad idea, because inevitably the buyer will contact you, saying that "windows licence is expired" error came up to his pc, and now he wants a new licence.

Also try maybe selling without the windows 10?

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

no, oem licences dont attach to accounts.

But buying from kinguin is a bad idea, because inevitably the buyer will contact you, saying that "windows licence is expired" error came up to his pc, and now he wants a new licence.

Also try maybe selling without the windows 10?

Ok,well then whats the best way to remove windows? i imagine the buyer might want to see the pc working before i sell it. ill have to remove it after that point i imagine.

1 minute ago, #Banana said:

Just reinstall windows, but when it asks for a licence, click "i dont have a key", when it asks you to sign in click "i dont want to" and so on.

In the end you will have a fully working win 10 pc with no licence and no microsoft account, and that would be the state i would sell the pc in.

Because functionally it is fully functioning, but you just cant change the desktop wallpaper and that is it.