Can I use Optane on AMD Ryzen 7 2700X?

milesuy
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
8 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

Not that kind of Optane - I'm assuming we're talking about the accelerator chips of 16 and 32 GB.

11 hours ago, fasauceome said:

same issue with thunderbolt. intel standard, intel copyright.

11 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

I dont think so, not on those mobos. Correct me if im wrong.

I have a optane 16gb and it works just like anyother nvme drive. Nothing special about it. Intel has a software caching solution that requires that drive and intel systems and windows 10, but you can use it for anything. You can even use it as a boot drive if you want(yes win 10 x64 fits on a 16gb drive).

No, but there are alternatives. Linus actually has a video coming out on that very soon.

Or you could join floatplane and watch it now.

PrimoCache and SenseMI (Provided you're on X450/70) are alternatives.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Yes.

Optane will just show up as storage, which is what it is.  You can use it as you would any other ssd/flash drive.

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

10 minutes ago, unijab said:

Yes.

Optane will just show up as storage, which is what it is.  You can use it as you would any other ssd/flash drive.

Not that kind of Optane - I'm assuming we're talking about the accelerator chips of 16 and 32 GB.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

8 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

11 hours ago, fasauceome said:

11 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

I dont think so, not on those mobos. Correct me if im wrong.

I have a optane 16gb and it works just like anyother nvme drive. Nothing special about it. Intel has a software caching solution that requires that drive and intel systems and windows 10, but you can use it for anything. You can even use it as a boot drive if you want(yes win 10 x64 fits on a 16gb drive).

• 1 month later...

No you can't use an optane drive with ryzen 7  2800x, it's an intel technology, only compatible with intel motherboards, if you want use optane you have to buy intel m.boards with 7gen or 8gen.