Questions about resetting my laptop

MrRemnant
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Yes, by using HP's recovery disc or recovery partition. That's sole purpose is to restore laptop to state it was when you first started it. Its very similar to clean reinstall except all preinstalled software and drivers are already there.

I have a HP pallivion that came with windows, word and powerpoint. Is there any way i can quickly get rid of all the files, programs etc on it without losing those? The only thing im worried about is if i wipe it and lose word/powerpoint because i dont have Office and need this for work.

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

Not really. Your best case is manually uninstalling everything and deleting the files. Any secure deletion can be done using CCleaner or Recuva.

There used to be CDs for stuff like this were it was easy to reinstall applications and crapware, but if there's nothing on the support page on HP's website for it you're likely SoL

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Yes, by using HP's recovery disc or recovery partition. That's sole purpose is to restore laptop to state it was when you first started it. Its very similar to clean reinstall except all preinstalled software and drivers are already there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv