2 SSDs failed on my B350 Board

StevenFromSerbia

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum, sorry if someone had a similar problem with this, I will post my story.

I have a problem with SSDs, both units that I had and I have now are having the same problem. (See picture from HDD Sentinel) The first drive I had was a TeamGroup one 120gb, which I returned because boot times were around 3-4 minutes. They returned the money and all was good. I did not try to look into the problem that much. I thought it was a flawed drive.  

But I now have Western Digital Green WDS240G2G0B, which is m.2 SSD. And he failed too.(By failed I mean boot time is 1.5 - 2 mins) So I have a couple of questions and scenarios, and I would be grateful if you can try to find an answer or solution with me. 

-It says that the power supply line might not be good. I have a 80Plus Bronze PSU from a company named "MS Industrial". Could this be the problem? Also have some cable extensions that I bought online. Maybe they can be a problem? 

-After one thunderstorm and a power outage, problems with m.2 SSD started happening, should I get UPS or some other kind of protection for my computer? I am almost definitely sure that this is what caused these problems.

- I have B350 Tomahawk MSI MB, AMD 1600X processor, 8GB of TeamGroup RAM, GTX 1050TI 4GB Asus card.

-I checked everything in BIOS and everything else seems to be working fine.

Please let me know. Guys from the PC store are going to think I am destroying them on purpose, cause this would be a second drive I am returning. 

image.png

Hello StevenFromSerbia,

Definitely check the  power source, the fact that this began to happen after the storm points to voltage problems.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

The cheap crap doesnt usually have any protection in it, so the storm probably broke something inside your psu, replace it asap.

I dont get it why you would cheap out on the one component in your pc that can just kill all your other components in an instant.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

The problem is that PSUs in Serbia are not cheap. Cooler Master is $80 USD with non modular cables. And semi modular is around $120 USD. And at the time the money was a tight fit for me. 

Will change it as fast as I get my budget in order. 

Hopefully they will replace the units again, but if this is an on going I wouldn't do anything until the voltage problem gets solved.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming