i need help to reset my pc

Fensbo
Go to solution Solved by emosun,
1 minute ago, Fensbo said:

it's just slower and i've had it for many years so i would also just like to get rid of all the junk on my pc

well you could just reinstall windows , however without knowing whats wrong with the machine or knowing anything about it i can;t guarantee it'll help as far as speed goes.

I want to optimize my pc without risk of needing a windows key or something like that. What will happen if I use the menu in windows called ''Reset this pc'' 

5 minutes ago, Fensbo said:

I want to optimize my pc without risk of needing a windows key

you're going to have to elaborate a lot more as far as what you're trying to do to the machine.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

you're going to have to elaborate a lot more as far as what you're trying to do to the machine.

i'd like to optimize speed, performance and storage by resetting the computer completely

Just now, Fensbo said:

i'd like to optimize speed, performance and storage by resetting the computer completely

so..... is there currently something wrong with the machine? is there some aspect or component in the machine that is benchmarking lower than their respective counterparts?

Just now, emosun said:

so..... is there currently something wrong with the machine? is there some aspect or component in the machine that is benchmarking lower than their respective counterparts?

it's just slower and i've had it for many years so i would also just like to get rid of all the junk on my pc

1 minute ago, Fensbo said:

well you could just reinstall windows , however without knowing whats wrong with the machine or knowing anything about it i can;t guarantee it'll help as far as speed goes.

Reset is soft version of reinstall. It resets software and Windows settings, but leaves your files in place, even in user documents. Where full reinstall would remove those, or move them to Windows.old.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv