cant share file smart tv

OK let me start by saying I've had this problem ever since windows removed home group sharing a couple months ago. i have read days worth of forums trying to figure this out and i final decided to ask for help. 

Before the windows up date i could share a file from my movie server (movie server has:1 ssd boot drive &1 hdd movie storage) to my smart tv, where i was able to select the pc and view my movies.

Now when i select the movie server from the tv it says no content found.

I should mention the i am able to access the Movie server from any other lan of wireless pc in the house but both the tv and the smart blue ray player on the other tv are unable to see any movies or folders

yes all of my advance sharing option are on, except the the password is turned off and the tv has permission under Control Panel → Network and Internet → Network and Sharing Center → Media Streaming Option

I've tried reinstalling windows, had to re set up all the sharing options and that didn't fix anything. Then i tried copy a movie from the server to my person pc and share the movie from there. Once I turned the sharing options on the tv could see my person pc but it also was not able to the movie there either. 

The TV also is using cat6 so its not a wifi problem either

wanted to pointed out that when i select network on my personal pc both computers show up but when i select network on my movie server nothing shows up. (You can view both pc as a media devices but that opens  windows media player)

any help would be amazing

Personally, I would not break my head and use Plex. Most SmartTV have Plex that is installed or can e installed via the Store app. If you have an XBox One you can use that instead, if I am not mistaken.

Some SmartTV can be Windows media streaming enabled. Some SmartTVs features casting which Windows 10 does support (Samsung like to use its own proprietary casting technology only available on select Samsung products), and I recall there was another way, but I forgot, not coming to mind.

For network:

You need to do is:

• Set your network to Private, if it is set to Public, to allow network discovery (In Settings panel)
  • Enable: Network discovery for Private network (in Network and Sharing Center)
  • Enable: file and printer sharing for Private network (in Network and Sharing Center)
  • Enable "Turn on  sharing so anyone with the network access can read and write...." (in Network and Sharing Center)
  • File Sharing encryption need to be the one that your TV supports. So pick either 128-bit or 40/56-bit
  • Password protection needs to be turned off.

Restart your PC once you save the changes, and it should work.

To use Casting, Simple open Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and Devices > "Add Bluetooth and Devices", then from there add your TV, and now form your Windows PC you can cast to the TV by opening a video in Windows' Groove Music Player or its Movie Player or use Windows Media Player 12 to cast to a device.

You can also right-click on the picture/video/music file and select "Cast to Device" and pick your TV.