CPU Temp above 80C under full Load. Healthy?

So my thermals under full load sometimes go over 80C.
I'm rocking the ryzen 2700x and to cool it down, the master liquid lite 120 from CoolerMaster (push-pull). 
I know this can temporality be normal but for long-term use, it may affect and degrade the die?         
I'm planning to upgrade to the NZXT Kraken x62. But is it worth the upgrade? How much my temps may go down with the pair of this?

console.log("way to pro");

It's not dangerous, although if you're not comfortable with it you may want to upgrade. Still, it shouldn't affect your cpu's lifespan - just your oc potential. It's more likely to affect your cooler's lifespan to be honest, since it's probably ramping up to its max to keep your chip cool.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Under full synthetic load/renders, I'd say that that's normal; however, if you mean "full load" (as in running games), I agree that those temperatures are a bit high. Although that's a bit on the higher side, that shouldn't greatly affect the CPU's life.

Regardless, if you're looking to upgrade the cooler, I'd strongly recommend the Noctua D15. It would be cheaper (~$60 less) and quieter (~15 dBa less) than the NZXT x62 Rev.2; however, you'd run a couple degrees (~4C) warmer. (source)

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

12 minutes ago, PatXioPC said:

So my thermals under full load sometimes go over 80C.
I'm rocking the ryzen 2700x and to cool it down, the master liquid lite 120 from CoolerMaster (push-pull). 
I know this can temporality be normal but for long-term use, it may affect and degrade the die?         
I'm planning to upgrade to the NZXT Kraken x62. But is it worth the upgrade? How much my temps may go down with the pair of this?

What do you mean when you say full load? I can get into 80*C territory no problem with a 360 push/pull AIO, but that is using things like prime95 smallFFTs. Intel Burn Test doesn't get me to 80*C, however. So I guess what I am saying is we can't really tell you if that is normal or not without knowing what programs you're running.

Ryzen does run faster with cooler temps so definitely upgrade when you can.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's not dangerous, although if you're not comfortable with it you may want to upgrade. Still, it shouldn't affect your cpu's lifespan - just your oc potential. It's more likely to affect your cooler's lifespan to be honest, since it's probably ramping up to its max to keep your chip cool.

And I can't be too sure whether the temps don't go beyond 80s or not. In a lot of monitoring utilities, I see thermal readings of the CPU Die and the CPU (which I believe the IHS?) separately. Makes sense to see the die's temps being much higher than the CPU's, but I'm really confused, and don't really know what to be concerned about? Generally, under load, my Die's temps go up to 90C but the CPU's stays into the 80s. 

2 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Under full synthetic load/renders, I'd say that that's normal;

Yea, the temps don't go up higher than when I run a synthetic stress test but a real world render makes the CPU hardly go beyond 75C. 

Have you overclocked your CPU? My R7 2700X hasn't gone above 60-70 or so with the stock cooler...

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

9 minutes ago, PatXioPC said:

And I can't be too sure whether the temps don't go beyond 80s or not. In a lot of monitoring utilities, I see thermal readings of the CPU Die and the CPU (which I believe the IHS?) separately. Makes sense to see the die's temps being much higher than the CPU's, but I'm really confused, and don't really know what to be concerned about? Generally, under load, my Die's temps go up to 90C but the CPU's stays into the 80s. 

Yea, the temps don't go up higher than when I run a synthetic stress test but a real world render makes the CPU hardly go beyond 75C. 

I'm unsure if this is still a problem with Ryzen, but do you know if you've had or fixed the Δ20C problem? I think that they've fixed it with second gen, but I'm not certain.

Edit: You could always try reapplying thermal paste and mounting the cooler. That'd remove mounting from the equation.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

5 minutes ago, nick name said:

What do you mean when you say full load? I can get into 80*C territory no problem with a 360 push/pull AIO, but that is using things like prime95 smallFFTs. Intel Burn

When I want the Maximum reading possible, it would definitely be some intensive synthetic loads. It was mostly Aida64's FPU, Cache, and CPU stress tool which pushed my CPU this high, It idles around 45-50c and even during heavy renders from blender or encoding files and videos, the temps remain under 75C but it loses performance gradually since it reaches the 80s spot slowly, if not in an instant.   

7 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Have you overclocked your CPU?

I'm at stock, vcore 1.35V

8 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

My R7 2700X hasn't gone above 60-70 or so with the stock cooler...

Did you put under intensive synthetic tests and there it didn't exceed 70C? Mine never goes up 75C under real-world loads of the application I use it for and the idle temp is 45-50C.

Just now, PatXioPC said:

I'm at stock, vcore 1.35V

Did you put under intensive synthetic tests and there it didn't exceed 70C? Mine never goes up 75C under real-world loads of the application I use it for and the idle temp is 45-50C.

I haven't left it to stress test for a few hours yet, I can try that tonight while I eat dinner and stuff.

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

10 hours ago, PatXioPC said:

And I can't be too sure whether the temps don't go beyond 80s or not.

As long as it stays below 95 or so it shouldn't suffer any damage, although at that point I'd question your cooler's conditions - it shouldn't get that high under normal operation.

-edit- *85

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

@Sauron The CPU is programmed to throttle at 85*C so you want to stay away from that. 

Did you set a VCORE of 1.35v or is that what you observe when you check the temperatures? If you have set the VCORE then I would change it back to Auto and at most at a +offset of a small amount.

I am currently testing my memory and the VCORE is showing 1.287v ~ 1.3v @ 4.125GHz. My current max since last reboot is 1.325v. I am using a small +offset of around .018v.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

@PatXioPC Aight, after running a stress test for 15 minutes or so it hit 52C or so max, but under full load (along with the GPU) doing folding, it hit a max of 83C. During gaming it usually stays around 60 though, since the GPU is running as well (adding more heat to the system).

Main PC