P9X79E-WS Chassis Intrude Error

I'm trying to test a P9X79E-WS, however I can't get very far because it's throwing out a chassis intrude fatal error immediately upon posting. I can't find anything in the manual about this to fix it. I've tried resetting the BIOS but that didn't help. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

24 minutes ago, DDebbil said:

I'm trying to test a P9X79E-WS, however I can't get very far because it's throwing out a chassis intrude fatal error immediately upon posting. I can't find anything in the manual about this to fix it. I've tried resetting the BIOS but that didn't help. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

there should be a jumper on the mobo for it read up on chassis intrusion jumpers for asus on what do do next

I couldn't find the jumper, but there is a setting in the BIOS to switch off chassis intrusion detection. My worry is why it's giving this readout. Some kind of electrical fault, I assume?

6 minutes ago, DDebbil said:

I couldn't find the jumper, but there is a setting in the BIOS to switch off chassis intrusion detection. My worry is why it's giving this readout. Some kind of electrical fault, I assume?

No, chassis detection should work by having a circuit, which if breaken, shows the alarm. If you dont have the chassis connected, then the circuit isnt connected, it is open, so it shows the alarm. You can fool it to think that the chassis is closed by connecting a jumper to the pins, that way the circuit isnt broken.

TLDR: There is not electrical fault, the default for chassis detection is "chassis open", and because you have intrusion detection on then the alarm shows up. Just disable it in bios and you are good.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

That's very odd - I'm testing several of these boards in the same circumstances and none of the others are throwing a chassis intrusion error. Just this one (all with BIOS reset to defaults).

Ok well - turns out the chassis intrusion jumper was randomly missing from this motherboard.