Ryzen 5 2600 stock/oc crash on Blender ?

Hi guys,

Last month I upgraded my old i5 to a new Ryzen 5 2600 and these last fews days I wanted to overclock my cpu to 4.0 Ghz. So I tried today and I'm encountering a "bug". 

So, for the OC, I set my CPU Ratio to 40.00 and Voltage to 1.4250v because I crashed every single time in Blender BMW render "benchmark". Some time the screen went black and Blender would close after fews minutes and I would be back on the desktop and some times it would freeze and I would not be able to move my cursor and have to hit the reboot button on the case.
The thing is, I did not crash on Cinebench R15 even with lower voltage, and running the benchmark 3/4 times in a row.

I wasn't sure if it was because of the voltage that I would crash so I set everything back to default in the bios. 
CPU ratio to 34, voltage on auto and RAM to 2133mhz with d.o.c.p disable. Tried to run the Blender BMW "benchmark" and... it still crash. Do you guys have any idea what could cause the crash? Bad chip ? Bad RAM ? Something wrong with the version of Blender that I have (Blender 2.79b x64) ?

For now I've set my bios to "performance" mode and enable D.O.C.P and everything is running fine in games and Cinebench. (CPU is boosting up to 3.85ghz on all cores with 1.28/1.29~v according to HWMonitor)
I don't think it is temp related since the cpu did not go over 81°c after multiple cinebench runs, and during Blender render. 

It's +30°C in my room that's why temperature are a bit high. (that was with 1.4250v)

English isn't my mother tongue so I hope I've been clear enough, also sorry for the mistakes. Thank for reading. 

My specs : 
CPU : Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard : Asus X470 F-Gaming
Cooler : Be Quiet! Pure Rock
RAM : G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVGB
GPU : GTX 980 Windforce OC
PSU : EVGA 650 GQ

6 hours ago, AMD Spec said:

Try prime95 and see what happens? 

Hi,

I guess it's the voltage because it is not stable under OCCT stress test. And I'm not going to set the voltage higher to gain 150mhz, my Pure Rock could not handle it and I'm gaming at 1080p so it is not gonna make a huge difference anyway. 

Still did not figure out why blender is crashing even all at stock settings :|

1 hour ago, Hibou said:

Hi,

I guess it's the voltage because it is not stable under OCCT stress test. And I'm not going to set the voltage higher to gain 150mhz, my Pure Rock could not handle it and I'm gaming at 1080p so it is not gonna make a huge difference anyway. 

Still did not figure out why blender is crashing even all at stock settings :|

I am having the same issue, I recently did a fresh install of win 10 and reinstalled blender i went to test my OC on my ryzen 1500x and blender crashed. So i spent time trying to stabilize my OC but with no luck, so i went back to stock and at 75% complete it crashed, so i think its a problem with blender. 

1 hour ago, Macxd said:

I am having the same issue, I recently did a fresh install of win 10 and reinstalled blender i went to test my OC on my ryzen 1500x and blender crashed. So i spent time trying to stabilize my OC but with no luck, so i went back to stock and at 75% complete it crashed, so i think its a problem with blender. 

Hi,

Good to know, at stock settings it crashes as well at around 75% when there is 2/3 black lines left to render!

I think if it's stable on Cinebench R15 it should be stable for gaming purpose, i'm really not an expert though.

An intel cpu wouldn't have crashed   *hides in corner from incoming mob*

51 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

An intel cpu wouldn't have crashed   *hides in corner from incoming mob*

ahahah! :P

17 hours ago, Hibou said:

Hi,

Good to know, at stock settings it crashes as well at around 75% when there is 2/3 black lines left to render!

I think if it's stable on Cinebench R15 it should be stable for gaming purpose, i'm really not an expert though.

Yes and no, i would run a adia 64 stress test to be sure, but there is a difference between game stable and work station stable. i personally don't like running prime95 or any avx torture test, because i for what i use my PC for i will never put that kind of load on it. SO i always aim for somewhere in between. 

On 09/08/2018 at 3:41 PM, Macxd said:

Yes and no, i would run a adia 64 stress test to be sure, but there is a difference between game stable and work station stable. i personally don't like running prime95 or any avx torture test, because i for what i use my PC for i will never put that kind of load on it. SO i always aim for somewhere in between. 

I agree, stress test is the way to go to be sure your system is 100% stable!