Need help picking a new gaming headset

Maxie94

As someone who has experimented with many brands one thing that I have learned is buying products tagged under a certain tag doesn't always mean they are better than their counterparts. In this case "Gaming". Many brands advertise their headphones as "GAMING HEADPHONES" just a smart marketing technique. Also, these gaming headsets sometimes are really bad at casual music listening experience as many times they favor one thing over other. For example, some of them will be bass heavy and muffle the lows, some of them will boost vocals for no reason or produce very mushy mids. Anyway, I won't point to a brand and say it's bad or don't buy that. Afterall audio is subjective and maybe you are used to heavy bass or maybe even prefer it. Also, gaming branded headphones can be decent and don't always have to sound bad or anything like that. but, I was just warning you that you should never fall for the "MADE FOR GAMING" marketing (There's little to no difference between normal and gaming headphones especially when you are comparing headphones from the same brand).

So yeah before buying make sure they satisfy your needs like Comfort, Audio Quality/ Immersion, style etc. It'd better if you walk into a store that offers to demo the product.

23 hours ago, NEO_STARK said:

As someone who has experimented with many brands one thing that I have learned is buying products tagged under a certain tag doesn't always mean they are better than their counterparts. In this case "Gaming". Many brands advertise their headphones as "GAMING HEADPHONES" just a smart marketing technique. Also, these gaming headsets sometimes are really bad at casual music listening experience as many times they favor one thing over other. For example, some of them will be bass heavy and muffle the lows, some of them will boost vocals for no reason or produce very mushy mids. Anyway, I won't point to a brand and say it's bad or don't buy that. Afterall audio is subjective and maybe you are used to heavy bass or maybe even prefer it. Also, gaming branded headphones can be decent and don't always have to sound bad or anything like that. but, I was just warning you that you should never fall for the "MADE FOR GAMING" marketing (There's little to no difference between normal and gaming headphones especially when you are comparing headphones from the same brand).

So yeah before buying make sure they satisfy your needs like Comfort, Audio Quality/ Immersion, style etc. It'd better if you walk into a store that offers to demo the product.

You're totally right, I was also thinking about going into a store and try the options myself. I appreciate the warning and I'll definitely take it into account.

Hey what do you guys think about the Audio-Technica brand? Specifically, the ATH-M20X and ATH-M30X.

21 hours ago, Maxie94 said:

Hey what do you guys think about the Audio-Technica brand? Specifically, the ATH-M20X and ATH-M30X.

I have personally used Audio Technica ATH M50x still remains one of my favorites :)

On 10/8/2018 at 11:00 AM, NEO_STARK said:

I have personally used Audio Technica ATH M50x still remains one of my favorites :)

It is really good as far as I can see, but I'm afraid it's out of my budget rn :(

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so I found a lot of negative comments about razer headsets, that they break after like 4 months, their support is terrible... but I looked at the weight of them, and they're freakin heavy! So they're out of the table.

Right now I'm considerin these:

Corsair hs50

Corsair Void Pro USB (or any other wired version)

HyperX Cloud

HyperX Cloud 2

HyperX Cloud Alpha

Sennheiser pc37x

I'm currently leaning towards the Cloud ones, especially the Cloud 1 because it's lightweight (less than 300 g.), and according to reviews, they have great sound and quality.

Tell me what you guys think about my options.