Yay or Nay, My life choices

valkarian

i7 -8700k +
Asus Prime z370-A +
2x8gb G.skillz Trident z 3200mhz CL16

GTX 1070 Zotac AMP Extreme

Cool with a Cryorig a80, housed in a Phanteks p400(TG), Powered by seasonic focus+ 750w

Main use: Photoshop and Premiere pro and VR gaming

GPU?

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

1 minute ago, Srnewbee said:

GPU?

Ah. edited, thanks. 1070

Get a 1080. They're selling for $420ish used on r/hardwareswap. And what prices/places are you buying from?

looks good, make sure you pair this up with a 144hz monitor and u are golden

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

Oh the 1070 is alr owned. Im upgrading from i5-4570. Monitor currently is an ultrawide 2560x1080

Im looking only to change my mobo, cpu and ram. Everything else is all accounted for.

Anyhow, I gave it some thought. Is it 8700k really worth me giving up ryzen? 
I turned to the 8700k after some mentioned how ryzen's not optimal for photoshop and premiere pro. 
However, what im giving up is the compatibility 2 years down the road. 

If I'm honest, once i place it in there I won't really notice any issue as long as it works for me, so for me the focus is on getting the products that will cause the least amount of what can be called slow or laggy performance.

So, 8700k or Ryzen 2600x?

8 hours ago, valkarian said:

GTX 1070 Zotac AMP Extreme

how much you paid for that?

Bolivia.

3 hours ago, valkarian said:

Im looking only to change my mobo, cpu and ram. Everything else is all accounted for.

Anyhow, I gave it some thought. Is it 8700k really worth me giving up ryzen? 
I turned to the 8700k after some mentioned how ryzen's not optimal for photoshop and premiere pro. 
However, what im giving up is the compatibility 2 years down the road. 

If I'm honest, once i place it in there I won't really notice any issue as long as it works for me, so for me the focus is on getting the products that will cause the least amount of what can be called slow or laggy performance.

So, 8700k or Ryzen 2600x?

Yes, you're giving away 2 years of upgrade. But consider this: the 8700k is a six core CPU, and in October there's gonna be 8 core CPUs for the very same platform (9900K), so you're not maxed out in terms of upgrade. Just, I'd get a slightly better motherboard, so that such an upgrade would be painless and you could still do some OC and squeeze more performance out of your system. What do you think about this?

4 minutes ago, ReHWolution said:

Yes, you're giving away 2 years of upgrade. But consider this: the 8700k is a six core CPU, and in October there's gonna be 8 core CPUs for the very same platform (9900K), so you're not maxed out in terms of upgrade. Just, I'd get a slightly better motherboard, so that such an upgrade would be painless and you could still do some OC and squeeze more performance out of your system. What do you think about this?

Doesn't help that Intel has openly delayed their fabrication process. 
I'll mull over it. Thanks!