Keeping gtx 1080 cool

Tielur

So I’m looking for input on graphics card cooling. I’m getting decent temps under load when the fans ramp up but I’d really like to push the clock speed up and see how far I can push it. Currently I am using the fractial design mechify c. I have the front case fan as low as I can pulling in air.

btcause of the hard drives and psu shroud it is blocked from going as low as I’d like. Currently the fan it right in the middle of the gpu blowing some air over and under the card.

I am running a gtx 1080 asus Strix

8700K (aio cooled venting out the top of the case)

in the (as mentioned above) fractial design meshify c

so I’m looking for ways to improve cooling? How do others with downwards facing gpu fans keep things cool?

If you really want to get into overclocking, You should look into water cooling. You can go with an AIO or a custom loop. If you don't wanna spend too much, you can go with an EK pre-built loop for CPU and GPU. Im pretty sure NZXT also has a system for converting a cheaper CPU AIO into a GPU cooler.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIAC8W6SF4121

Often times it is because they use more aggressive fan curves on both the case fans and the card fans, that of course increases noise, which is why water cooling is becoming popular, but you got to have a stock board for water cooling... which you probably don't have.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

15 hours ago, Classic-master said:

just hook up an ac unit like intel at computex

well... maybe lol