How to set minimum CPU frequency on Windows 10?

I'm on a laptop with i5-8250u - depending on the profiles I created, my CPU will throttle below 0.8 Ghz and Turbo up to 3.4Ghz. 

I already used a registry hack to get back the "Maximum Processor Frequency" setting in power options. But that's not what I want. 

I want to set a minimum frequency of 1.8Ghz. Google shows zero useful results. Whatever I try in power options seems to have no effect. Only when I clone the Windows Max Performance Setting I get to remove this super-low throttle but then my CPU is constantly high and battery is dry within an hour. 

Is there no way with this super expensive and sophisticated CPU to make it run between 1.8Ghz and 3.4Ghz? 

Yes, I really need that for productive purposes, not for gaming (got a desktop for gaming). This constant low throttle crap causes my applications to stutter and hang, Windows never seems to guess right how much CPU power it should deliver anyway. 

Many thanks.

Hi first serch for power plan you should get -edit power plan (when you click it you get old windows window with power plan settings). Then you go in - change advanced power settings. You should get another window pop up called Power options. What you looking for is in -processor power management 

You can set there min and max procecessor power settings as well as other maybe useful settings. 

Hope its helpful. 

Juat ro test it Ive chanhed my 4.2 intel  I7 to 80% on min setting and 80% on max setting and it runs 3.2 constantly. Base clock of my cpu is 4.0 so  I think why its 3.2. Personally newer down clocked cpu this way but it works. 

Ok I actually found something, after about 2h of trial and error. If you go into regedit to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\

(look at the keys below, this is just a folder)

There you'll find a ton of invisible processor energy settings. Most of them are useless. There were 2 that did exactly what I wanted. I tried out each one and also compared the values to the "maximum" profile of Windows. 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\36687f9e-e3a5-4dbf-b1dc-15eb381c6863 

@%SystemRoot%\system32\powrprof.dll,-812,Processor energy performance preference policy

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\6c2993b0-8f48-481f-bcc6-00dd2742aa06

@%SystemRoot%\system32\powrprof.dll,-701,Processor idle threshold scaling

(Set "Attribute" to "2" to be able to see these in advanced power settings dialog)

Processor idle threshold scaling is off at max performance profile, but on at all other profiles. So I turned it off at my profile to. 

Processor energy performance preference policy is set to 0% at max performance profile, 33% at balanced profile, 60% at aggressive power save profile. I set it to 20% and now my CPU is jumping nicely between 1Ghz idle and ~2.9Ghz under 40% CPU load - and it stays there pretty stable and doesn't flicker around. 

Of course don't forget to set "max cpu frequency also"..

Have fun and happy sunshine holidays :)