Connection locked at 100 Mbps from 1Gbps

Jenko32

Hi, I have 1Gbps connection and i usually have >900Mbps in speedtest and download at 120MB/s, but now my pc and my brother's is getting around 100Mbps and download at 13-14MB/s (tried different sites/test from which test this), we are connected with a switch. I connected my ethernet cable to another computer and it goes at 1 Gbps so it's not switch/cable problem.

I don't know when the connection limited but the only app in common me and my brother installed is LogMeIn Hamachi, my first attempt to solve the problem was uninstalling anything related to that program but it didn't work.

At the moment I tried to solve the problem restoring to default the ethernet option, reinstalling different version of onboard LAN drivers (Manufacturer site, Windows automatic update and Motherboard manufacturer site) and desperately by cancelling Static IP from router.

It is almost sure that reinstalling windows will work like the first time that this happened to my pc but I'm trying to find a solution that don't imply reinstalling.

What happens if you go into the adapter properties and force the speed to 1.0Gbps? If you lose connectivity then something is messed up along the way.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

broken lan card / drivers can get you to 100mbps.

i suspect a corrupt drivers.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

16 minutes ago, Lurick said:

What happens if you go into the adapter properties and force the speed to 1.0Gbps? If you lose connectivity then something is messed up along the way.

Rdd.PNG.3d4854e1cf8ccc701f0daea1b7ee15b7.PNG If you mean this option I already tried this as well but didn't work

7 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

broken lan card / drivers can get you to 100mbps.

i suspect a corrupt drivers.

I've been using Windows driver dated 2015 when problem occurred (if I search for an update by awindows it download another version of 2015) but tried driver from both manufacturer of the motherboard and LAN card and I always have the same limitation. Did the same on my brother's computer with the same problem

could be just some windows update messing with the drivers.

what if you install linux and see if it can run gigabit.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

could be just some windows update messing with the drivers.

what if you install linux and see if it can run gigabit.

Rdd22.thumb.jpeg.6cfd6b897c9cd297e93dc93566f875e3.jpeg

Connection is 1Gbps with Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS

So i know my Ethernet Onboard Card works fine but I can't keeping reinstalling Windows every time this limit bug/problem happen, but I have no clue if the driver are not the problem.

yeah windows does mess up with drivers sometimes.

you could  remove the driver completely

uninstall driver device manager

i don't know if it will work on your scenario, but its worth the try.

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

yeah windows does mess up with drivers sometimes.

you could  remove the driver completely

uninstall driver device manager

i don't know if it will work on your scenario, but its worth the try.

Tried that different times, but got no success

With Gigabit I would highly recommend getting an Intel Gigabit card if this is a full PC with spare PCIe slots.  Their drivers are far more reliable and you may even find it slightly faster as they are more efficient.

I'm actually surprised you got 934Mbit with Realtek as they tend to cap out before reaching that high.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

I, again, ended up reinstalling Windows and everything returned back to normal, as the last time this bug happened but I had to go trough the hassle of reinstalling everything.Test.thumb.PNG.7f9c4affbbb9fbd89c2764ba752a5ca4.PNG

Thanks anyway for your help.