Need help unlocking HTC One

Luke

Hi. Bought a HTC one but don't want to use it with telus (they charge wayyy too much). I'm a noob with phones but i'm good with computers and tech the problem is i have no idea where to start or look when unlocking phones. There seems to be way too much shit/scams if anyone could link me a guide or a legit way to unlock it i would really appreciate it.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

I have no clue where you live, but in Toronto, go to Pacific Mall and they'll unlock it for you. In any other case, your best bet is to go to some store where they have the unlock codes and pay them in person. That way they can't scam you out.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I have no clue where you live, but in Toronto, go to Pacific Mall and they'll unlock it for you. In any other case, your best bet is to go to some store where they have the unlock codes and pay them in person. That way they can't scam you out.

I live in Nanaimo B.C. I was told the phone was Telus/Koodo but at the telus store i found out it's locked to telus. They told me they don't support unlocking but if i'm good with computers i should easily be able to do it.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

He doesn't mean unlocking the bootloader. He means unlocking the carrier lock.

ah, well den

Search for the most reputable online unlockers and pay with Scampal. If they can't find your unlock code, they will refund your money.

I don't remember which ones I've used in the past, but they usually got the codes within 24 hours.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Yea so it turns out my local Telus/Koodo shop is filled with idiots. I went there and told them i have a phone that's locked to Telus/Koodo and when they went to check they told me it was locked to telus only not koodo.

So i figured oh well i will just unlock it and come back. I tried to unlock it and realized i need a sim card  so i went back to the shop and bought one and put it in at home and was expecting a "Network Locked" error when i put in the card as shown in the video's followed by me having to enter a code but instead it just said "detecting sim card....No service" so i went back to the shop and told them to activate the phone despite them telling me again that it wont work. lo and behold the Telus/Koodo phone i bought WORKS WITH KOODO! Jeez... i posted that at 2:00 and it's 6:00 now and i just got home with my working phone. xD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Bought a HTC one but don't want to use it with telus (they charge wayyy too much). I'm a noob with phones but i'm good with computers and tech the problem is i have no idea where to start or look when unlocking phones. There seems to be way too much shit/scams if anyone could link me a guideor a legit way to unlock it i would really appreciate it.

You can get your HTC One phone unlocked from Network lock using unlock code.Unlock code is the best and safest way to unlock phone.You can get such codes from your Network service provider or any third party online vendors like TheUnlockArena.com here you need to specify your country, IMEI number of your phone. Then they deliver unlock code to you through mail with unlocking instructions. Using this you can unlock your phone from Network lock easily.

I havent done this recently because i buy unlocked phones but for my old htc i used this website which yes you have to pay $10 but it saves all the bs that network OPs tell you that "you must stay with us for this period of time before you pay $50 to unlock it. I can confirm it works http://www.unlock-network.com/unlocking-Cell-Phone.php
this is pretty much just what Heena said but i know these methods work

Yea so it turns out my local Telus/Koodo shop is filled with idiots. I went there and told them i have a phone that's locked to Telus/Koodo and when they went to check they told me it was locked to telus only not koodo.

So i figured oh well i will just unlock it and come back. I tried to unlock it and realized i need a sim card  so i went back to the shop and bought one and put it in at home and was expecting a "Network Locked" error when i put in the card as shown in the video's followed by me having to enter a code but instead it just said "detecting sim card....No service" so i went back to the shop and told them to activate the phone despite them telling me again that it wont work. lo and behold the Telus/Koodo phone i bought WORKS WITH KOODO! Jeez... i posted that at 2:00 and it's 6:00 now and i just got home with my working phone. xD

Makes sense. Telus and Koodo are the same company/network.

If you still in need of an unlock when you read my replay. You said you live in BC, right? Well then go down to Crystal mall by Metrotown in Barnaby and get it unlock there, they do unlocks for almost any phone under the sun. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3