Is it good to game while charging on laptop.

Alex MR46

I have a lenovo t460s and i has dual built in battery. and i always plug the laptop to power when i am gaming, but i wanted to know is it good for my battery to plug it in while gamming. 

It makes no difference, the battery should just charge more slowly. In theory, when the laptop is plugged in, the computer draws power from the outlet and not from the battery.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Alex MR46 said:

I have a lenovo t460s and i has dual built in battery. and i always plug the laptop to power when i am gaming, but i wanted to know is it good for my battery to plug it in while gamming. 

I always do with mine, most of the time laptops go into power saving mode when not plugged in, so from a performance perspective, you would get better performance being plugged in.

i dont think leaving a laptop plugged in all the time is as much of an issue now as it used to be, most laptops stop charging the battery at 100% and only start charging it again when it reached below a certain threshold.

Fully discharging a battery can however cause problems i believe.

I personally have my laptop plugged in all the time (infact i pretty much leave it plugged in all the time, unless im moving it.

I have not had any issues doing that myself and the battery still lasts a good amount of time

I'd say for most laptops it is actually better to game when plugged in due to how much power is used. Even by laptops without discrete graphics. My HP pavilion laptop's battery tanks if I try to game on it when it's not plugged in. And gaming laptops are not famed for their battery life

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

As others have mentioned plug your laptop in or your cpu and gpu will downclock itself resulting in worse performance. You can edit this by searching for "Edit power plan" in Windows 10 but I don't recommend it as it's set up this way to provide you with better battery life on the go.

Also, gaming performance takes a hit if you're gaming on battery power, since the battery can't deliver the amount of power needed for a dGPU to run at max(someone confirm what I'm saying)

Personally, I have my frame rate capped at 30 fps if I'm running on battery power(using Geforce experience)

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :)