Speedrunners, Stardevalley and Skyrim Wont launch

Ts2001

Hi,

After reinstalling all of my steam games (New HDD) Speedrunners, skyrim and stardewvalley have stopped working.

I've tried pretty much everything: Verify Game, Reinstall game, Reinstall driver, Reinstall Direct X, Install on C drive and disabling my antivirus.

The Symptoms:

Stardewvalley and Speedrunners: After i press play, the intro screen appears for a split second and then dissapears.

Skyrim (No Mods): After i press play the laucher comes up and gives me the detecting video hardware prompt (Every time). if i press play in the launcher i get a black screen for a splitsecond and thats it.

None of the games give me a error or anything really.

Have you tried running the games directly from their .exe files instead of through steam? Besides that, you could also try to run them (again directly from .exe) through a windows compatibility mode. It probably won't help, but it's worth a shot.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Just now, Imbellis said:

Have you tried running the games directly from their .exe files instead of through steam? Besides that, you could also try to run them (again directly from .exe) through a windows compatibility mode. It probably won't help, but it's worth a shot.

Yeah, tried running the exe files and the compatibility mods. 

Also tried running them as Admin, but no Beuno 

Just now, Slottr said:

^ Try reinstalling steam if thats the case

i'll try

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

^ Try reinstalling steam if thats the case

Nope, no improvement

Just now, Ts2001 said:

Nope, no improvement

Do games other than those work?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Do you have an EVGA card?

Regardless, you Skyrim you could try:

• deleting d3d8.dll
  • deleting the plugins.txt file in \AppData\Local\SkyrimSE

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

14 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Do games other than those work?

Every game except these 3 work.

21 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Do you have an EVGA card?

Regardless, you Skyrim you could try:

• deleting d3d8.dll
  • deleting the plugins.txt file in \AppData\Local\SkyrimSE

Deleted plugins.txt in the Skyrim folder not the Skyrim SE folder. (i got no mods installed.) And there was no d3d8.dll Folder.

Did you reinstall the Skyrim, speedrunners and other game? If not, perhaps steam can’t find them because of the install location setting. 

4 hours ago, Ts2001 said:

Deleted plugins.txt in the Skyrim folder not the Skyrim SE folder. (i got no mods installed.) And there was no d3d8.dll Folder.

d3d8.dll is a .dll file, not a folder. You could try searching for it (If you haven't already).

Additionally, you can right-click the game, go to properties, and set launch options (at the bottom of the general tab) and try the following commands (Only one at a time - then try booting):

-dxlevel 80

-dxlevel 81

-dxlevel 90

-dxlevel 95

-dxlevel 98