I need help building a PC

MASF123

My friend wants to build a PC and I have had trouble looking for parts. So he wants a GeForce GTX 1070. I looked at other parts but then it got confusing. Possibly 16GBs of RAM.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127951&cm_re=nvidia_1070-_-14-127-951-_-Product

______

This is the list of stuff we had so far but then it became a mess. The important thing is the video card which he wants for his computer.

Motherboard: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144116

RAM: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233944

CPU: https://www.newegg.com/Desktop-Computers/SubCategory/ID-10?Tid=19096

Harddrive: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822179010&ignorebbr=1

PSU: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139206&ignorebbr=1

_____

If you can give us a better build please I am taking recommendations and suggestions.

What budget?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Just now, Wh0_Am_1 said:

What budget?

I would say under $1,000. I know it will cost a lot but we are hoping it won't be any higher.

Just now, MASF123 said:

I would say under $1,000. I know it will cost a lot but we are hoping it won't be any higher.

Ok, you can forget the 1070 then, it will be hard to even fit a 1060 6gb at that budget. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

You could build a good PC below $1,000. You should start looking for a high memory/ RAM.

Just now, Franz123 said:

You could build a good PC below $1,000. You should start looking for a high memory/ RAM.

Any recommendations? 

6 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Ok, you can forget the 1070 then, it will be hard to even fit a 1060 6gb at that budget. 

If you push 1k, a 1060 6Gb is more likely, but an RX 580 would make a lot more sense especially if the need for 16Gb RAM is high.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If you push 1k, a 1060 6Gb is more likely, but an RX 580 would make a lot more sense especially if the need for 16Gb RAM is high.

My friend wants 60 FPS in modern games. I have not heard of a RX 580 I will guess it is a Radeon series from AMD.

This is the best I could come up with under $1000, your friend could upgrade the CPU in the future. But this should be fine for a couple years.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($128.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($27.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.90 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $997.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-31 01:46 EDT-0400

Do you have  a keyboard, mouse, and display?

12 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

This is the best I could come up with under $1000, your friend could upgrade the CPU in the future. But this should be fine for a couple years.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($128.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI - X470 GAMING PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($139.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($27.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.69 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Mini Video Card  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - TXM Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.90 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $997.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-31 01:46 EDT-0400

He can go over $1000, it is just he rather not to. He can afford it. Also he needs a 1 terrabyte harddrive not solid state. If it is needed he will go over the $1,000 budget. Because he does want the GeForce GTX 1070.  

Edit: I misread that in the RAM and confused it with a harddrive. My mistake.

3 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Do you have  a keyboard, mouse, and display?

No he doesn't but he can get those later. If you  have any suggestions we'll consider it.

Just now, MASF123 said:

No he doesn't but he can get those later. If you  have any suggestions we'll consider it.

Ok, but I am going to cheap out on the keyboard and mouse, but I got an OK display.

1 minute ago, MASF123 said:

There are some 1080's going around for 450 usd or less. might want to consider one of those.

1 minute ago, combine1237 said:

There are some 1080's going around for 450 usd or less. might want to consider one of those.

What are the benefits when compared to 1070?

Here is a build for $1224 it include a 1070ti for $430 ($30 more than a 1070) but when OCed it can trade blows with a GTX 1080. There are some additional luxuries as well.

2 minutes ago, MASF123 said:

What are the benefits when compared to 1070?

~15% faster clock per clock at 1.125 times the cost of 400 usd 1070 refurb though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-1080-FTW-GAMING-8GB-GDDR5X-ACX-3-0-RGB-LED-1-Year-Warranty/263841963355?hash=item3d6e34dd5b%3Ag%3ALdwAAOSwi8dbW8Cq

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2840/geforce-gtx-1070

6 minutes ago, MASF123 said:

He can go over $1000, it is just he rather not to. He can afford it. Also he needs a 1 terrabyte harddrive not solid state. If it is needed he will go over the $1,000 budget. Because he does want the GeForce GTX 1070.  

There's a 1TB drive in that list, the PSU is mid range; the case is decent, has tempered glass, is pretty roomy, has mount for like 5 fans total; the motherboard is pretty decent, can overclock, and has support for newer AMD CPUs in the future; the CPU is one generation behind, has 4 cores 8 threads so your friend can still play newer games without issues; the RAM is 3000MHz, though it's just RAM; and the GPU is GTX 1070 by Zotac, which isn't a bad brand.

I got an early morning tomorrow. Night!

1 minute ago, Rainbow Dash said:

There's a 1TB drive in that list, the PSU is mid range; the case is decent, has tempered glass, is pretty roomy, has mount for like 5 fans total; the motherboard is pretty decent, can overclock, and has support for newer AMD CPUs in the future; the CPU is one generation behind, has 4 cores 8 threads so your friend can still play newer games without issues; the RAM is 3000MHz, though it's just RAM; and the GPU is GTX 1070 by Zotac, which isn't a bad brand.

I edited my post that I misread the RAM and Harddrive categories. I will consider your build or Wh0_Am_1,s build. If anyone has any more suggestions I will take them.

2 minutes ago, MASF123 said:

I edited my post that I misread the RAM and Harddrive categories. I will consider your build or Wh0_Am_1,s build. If anyone has any more suggestions I will take them.

You can mix both the build list up if your friend likes the case, RAM, or storage in my list. Though Wh0_Am_1's list has a better CPU and GPU for gaming.

3 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

You can mix both the build list up if your friend likes the case, RAM, or storage in my list. Though Wh0_Am_1's list has a better CPU and GPU for gaming.

My main issue is compatibility. I don't want it to be wrong. As I said before he is trying to go below $1000 however he will go higher if needed. Let's go to what was over $1000. You can revise the list with that in mind.

30 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

I really wouldn't buy any quad core ryzens when the six core is so cheap.  Just bite the bullet on the 2600, its SUCH a good value.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.