First ever Gaming PC build on limited budget.

Hello,

This is my first ever PC build plan, I'm so confused on what to buy and what I shouldn't buy. I've been searching the internet for 2 days now, but, the confusion is getting worse.

I will be using this PC as a daily drive for Gaming and other activities.

My budget for the PC is $800 (Canadian). [anything above but not more than $850]

I plan on purchasing a 1080p monitor (>= 60Hz). The monitor will be the only periferal (No mouse and keyboard for now).

I love RGB and Glass casing. I can manage the installation of a new OS.

I would love to know where to buy what you recommend.

I'll be happy to hear your great ideas. Thanks.

You might have to miss out on either RGB or tempered glass for now, since your budget is pretty tight.

I'll have a partlist ready in 5 minutes

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, forntoh said:

You might have to just live without a case for a while to get the 16GBs of RAM

But you're probably looking at an R3 2200G system, you can just toss in a next gen GPU in a few months, and upgrade to a Ryzen 6 or 8 core after that.

the 16GBs of RAM means you'll never have to worry about that after a CPU upgrade.

Includes a 1080p 75Hz IPS free-sync display, easily worth it.

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Fjhkgw
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Fjhkgw/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($124.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($182.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($85.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($57.75 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Monitor: LG - 24MP59G-P 23.8" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor  ($169.99 @ Memory Express)
Total: $821.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-29 18:05 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Fjhkgw/by_merchant/

Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($182.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($85.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($57.75 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Monitor: LG - 24MP59G-P 23.8" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor  ($169.99 @ Memory Express)

I was originally aiming for a 2400G, but this will probably be a better choice.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You might have to just live without a case for a while to get the 16GBs of RAM

But you're probably looking at an R3 2200G system, you can just toss in a next gen GPU in a few months, and upgrade to a Ryzen 6 or 8 core after that.

the 16GBs of RAM means you'll never have to worry about that after a CPU upgrade.

Includes a 1080p 75Hz IPS free-sync display, easily worth it.

What about GPU?

7 minutes ago, forntoh said:

What about GPU?

You could sacrifice a lot of the budget to get a lower end GPU like the RX 560 build above

But the iGPU on the R3 2200G will be able to run games while you save up for a better GPU, like a GTX 1160 or just an RX 570/580

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, forntoh said:

Should just get the LG display above, can't beat 1080p 75hz IPS with free-sync for the price.

Spoiler

What kind of games do you usually play?  fast paced games like csgo, overwatch, bf, cod?

11 hours ago, Dryden said:

What kind of games do you usually play?  fast paced games like csgo, overwatch, bf, cod?

@Dryden GTA V, COD, Overwatch

9 hours ago, forntoh said:

@Dryden GTA V, COD, Overwatch

I found this article about AMD's Ryzen 3 2200G informative.

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_3_2200g_review,35.html

Playing those games you listed should be okay with the 2200G (no discrete GPU), albeit at med/low settings.  Good enough for future AAA game titles? ...You have to decide that.   As mentioned by another poster, your build budget is tight hence the many 2200G suggestions, but luckily for you, the 2200G is a very capable APU.

I see that you prefer FPS games, so you want high frame rates on a high refresh rate monitor (120hz or higher) and good response time (lower than 5ms... ideally even lower for FPS games) for a good gaming experience.  Moving from a 1080p @60hz monitor to a 1080p @144hz monitor was an eye opening experience for me.  I'd suggest saving up for a 1080p 144hz monitor and buy one before getting a discrete GPU.  Rumored that Nvidia's next gen GPUs may be coming later this year could present a good buying opportunity for this current gen GPUs.... discounts/sales.  However, not as important but you will come across adaptive-sync technology --freesync and gsync while shopping for monitors.  You can search online to learn more about gsync (nvidia) and freesync(amd) monitors.  A gsync monitor usually costs around $200 more than a comparable freesync monitor.   

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($124.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($94.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($182.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($106.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Case: Deepcool - TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $634.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-30 15:41 EDT-0400

Notes:

- did not include monitor with build.  OP can save up to buy a better monitor that should last many years.

- did not include discrete GPU. Can buy later.

- did not include HDD.  Can fill up SSD with games/programs and buy HDD later if needed.

- did not include RGB lighting (case fans, strips). Up to you based on personal preferences.

- case selection if up to OP based on personal preferences.

- PSU more than enough power (headroom for future upgrades)