Downloading windows 10

User69
How do you specifically download windows 10? I've seen a lot of guides online on how to do it but I just wanted to clarify on the step where people go to the Microsoft website on another PC and click on the "create the download media creation tool" and then do some other stuff where they accept the terms and conditions and settings but would I need windows 10 on my USB drive before I do this step? 

FYI: I have windows 10 on my USB, not sure if it's reliable and legit but wanted to know how to activate the actual windows.

Use RUFUS program to create a bootable USB. You don't need a key to install. 

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

18 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

Use RUFUS program to create a bootable USB. You don't need a key to install. 

You can't use Rufus before you have an ISO to use it on, which is what the Download Tool is for. And if you're using the Download Tool, you won't need Rufus anyways, since the Download Tool can make a bootable USB from the get-go.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

You can't use Rufus before you have an ISO to use it on, which is what the Download Tool is for. And if you're using the Download Tool, you won't need Rufus anyways, since the Download Tool can make a bootable USB from the get-go.

Im pretty sure there are two options w download tool one that makes a bootable USB and the other downloads a ISO from MS

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

1 minute ago, Ramamataz said:

Im pretty sure there are two options w download tool one that makes a bootable USB and the other downloads a ISO from MS

You missed the entire point of what I was saying.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

8 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You missed the entire point of what I was saying.

rip im a big doo doo face. Thought he had a PC w an OS RIP A RONI

1 hour ago, User69 said:
FYI: I have windows 10 on my USB, not sure if it's reliable and legit but wanted to know how to activate the actual windows.

You have Windows 10 on your thumb drive? Is it bootable already?

You can buy the key separately from Microsoft or reliable retailer and activate it later. During installation you can skip the license key part.

1 hour ago, User69 said:

I just wanted to clarify on the step where people go to the Microsoft website on another PC and click on the "create the download media creation tool" and then do some other stuff where they accept the terms and conditions and settings but would I need windows 10 on my USB drive before I do this step? 

I don't really get this one.... (Maybe I just use different method).

You can actually have the ISO not in the thumb drive and use the Media Creation Tool or Rufus (my preferred method) and the ISO content will be copied to the thumb drive.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

You install Media Creation Tool on PC, on different drive than what you will be using as bootable installer. Also if you download ISO without Media Creation Tool, don't put that on drive. The drive will be formatted as part of creating bootable installer.

1 hour ago, Ramamataz said:

If you access that download site with Windows PC, it only gives option to use Media Creation Tool. Anything else would give option to download ISO. There's way to fool site and get ISO with Windows PC by using user agent switcher addon for browser.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv