Best cheap 144hz monitor?

lavablade02

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

Comic sans is the worst font

Check out my monitor overclocking guide

best 144hz monitor is 4k 144hz but its $2,000 USD depends on budget

Just now, Jaggsta said:

best 144hz monitor is 4k 144hz but its $2,000 USD depends on budget

best CHEAP 144hz monitor, read the title

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

3 minutes ago, lavablade02 said:

best CHEAP 144hz monitor, read the title

i got GN246HL paid $116 for it from acer refurbished problem is can only hit 144hz with real DVI-DUAL link cable and doesn't have displayport on this monitor looks like they are removing DVI from new cards GTX 1080Ti founders edition doesn't come with DVI so i fear GTX 11 series won't have DVI anymore.

I like the look of that MSI one, it's curved and has slim bezels. I can't really find any differences between the three so the MSI one just slightly edged it, admittedly, even though it is the priciest option.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 minute ago, seoz said:

I like the look of that MSI one, it's curved and has slim bezels. I can't really find any differences between the three so the MSI one just slightly edged it, admittedly, even though it is the priciest option.

That was also my choice. Also have that brand loyalty

1 minute ago, Jaggsta said:

if gonna spend $200+ range you can get 1440p 144hz

https://www.amazon.com/AOC-AG241QX-2560x1440-Adjustable-DisplayPort/dp/B01NCTHS6E

I only have a 1060

I also have the Acer GN whatever. I also have 2 Acer 60hz IPS panels for a triple screen setup,, and the GN's large bezels are quite annoying.

It also doesn't have very many color adjustment options so everything would have to be done on your PC. This isn't an issue unless you want to use something else with it. (I switch with my PS4)

Otherwise, the image quality and color reproduction are generally quite good, but being a TN panel any amount of movemt up/down/left/right will skew the colors, but that's going to apply to all the monitors since they all have TN. Just something to be aware of.

It does only have DVI-D, HDMI, and VGA. DVI-D required for 144hz (comes with the cable.) If your 1060 doesn't have DVI, I'm not sure if there's a 144hz DP to DVI adapter.

Does not have speakers, but does have an audio output. I'm assuming it doesn't have speakers because they expect you to be using DVI.

It does have a VESA mount though, so that's always a nice plus.

Amazon just showed this, which has very slim bezels.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078P2XN9M/ref=psdc_1292115011_t5_B072JZ66T3

Really kinda depends on what you want. The other two monitors you have include Freesync which does you no good.

#Muricaparrotgang

17 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I also have the Acer GN whatever. I also have 2 Acer 60hz IPS panels for a triple screen setup,, and the GN's large bezels are quite annoying.

It also doesn't have very many color adjustment options so everything would have to be done on your PC. This isn't an issue unless you want to use something else with it. (I switch with my PS4)

Otherwise, the image quality and color reproduction are generally quite good, but being a TN panel any amount of movemt up/down/left/right will skew the colors, but that's going to apply to all the monitors since they all have TN. Just something to be aware of.

It does only have DVI-D, HDMI, and VGA. DVI-D required for 144hz (comes with the cable.) If your 1060 doesn't have DVI, I'm not sure if there's a 144hz DP to DVI adapter.

Does not have speakers, but does have an audio output. I'm assuming it doesn't have speakers because they expect you to be using DVI.

Really kinda depends on what you want. The other two monitors you have include Freesync which does you no good.

Freesync would be nice for future GPUs if I decide to go to the red side 

19 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Why do they expect you to be using DVI? Why not DP or HDMI?

You want the pixio px277h - at 400$ its not cheap, but for the specs you are getting, its dirt cheap! The best per dollar performance your going to get. I spent weeks researching. My two px277 (they didn’t have hdr model yet) just arrived and they are baller! 

Pixio PX277h 27 inch 144Hz HDR10 WQHD 2560 x 1440 Wide Screen Display Professional IPS Adaptive-Sync 2 HDR 1440p Flat Gaming Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CYRF58V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZpoxBb42360A4

1 minute ago, Ender0327 said:

You want the pixio px277h

Pixio PX277h 27 inch 144Hz HDR10 WQHD 2560 x 1440 Wide Screen Display Professional IPS Adaptive-Sync 2 HDR 1440p Flat Gaming Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CYRF58V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZpoxBb42360A4

I dont want to spend 400 bucks, nor 1440p

9 hours ago, lavablade02 said:

Why do they expect you to be using DVI? Why not DP or HDMI?

It doesn't have DP, and HDMI only allows for 60hz. Why buy a 144hz monitor to just use 60hz?

I was just trying to list out the pros and cons of the monitor. Overall I'm fairly happy with it, but I've also never had the nicest monitors so...

#Muricaparrotgang