video card crashes only when playing games

classic intel

anybody know anything i can try old pc i built from free parts worked fine for over a year but now the video driver would cash like every couple of mins so i uninstalled the drivers then went into safemode and use ddu to get rid of all the driver files and went back to windows and tried to install the newest driver for me gt 710 card but it would just say something like it could not find any compatible hardware so i had to install the driver off the cd the gpu came with and now the computer video card drivers never crash unless i play a game

anything i could try to get this to stop crashing when playing games?

what are your temps like? Might be an overheating issue or a hardware failure with the fan/TiM on the actual card itself. Also you might want to roll back your driver to an earlier version that you know is stable seeing as the gt710 is pretty old hardware now.

2 minutes ago, Angel102 said:

what are your temps like? Might be an overheating issue or a hardware failure with the fan/TiM on the actual card itself. Also you might want to roll back your driver to an earlier version that you know is stable seeing as the gt710 is pretty old hardware now.

65c most of the time when playing games when card is not under load it stays around 40c-45c according to msi afterburner and this card is the version without a fan just a big heatsink

the driver im using is the one that came with the card i have not checked but i don't think there would be any older driver 

2 minutes ago, classic intel said:

65c most of the time when playing games when card is not under load it stays around 40c-45c according to msi afterburner and this card is the version without a fan just a big heatsink

the driver im using is the one that came with the card i have not checked but i don't think there would be any older driver 

what os are you running?

1 minute ago, bebejapes said:

what os are you running?

windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

1 minute ago, classic intel said:

windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

can you confirm the gpu with a image?

where did it come from and what brand is it?

13 minutes ago, bebejapes said:

can you confirm the gpu with a image?

where did it come from and what brand is it?

is this card P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

2 minutes ago, classic intel said:

is this card P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.png

so asus gt 710.

what game are you playing that it crashes in?

6 minutes ago, bebejapes said:

so asus gt 710.

what game are you playing that it crashes in?

only played fortnite and call of duty black ops today and both games crashed after like 2/3 mins  but i think the gpu only crashes under load because ive used the computer fine for the last 2 day since reinstalling the driver that came with the card and not had any crashes anymore unless i play a game 

Edited by classic intel

1 minute ago, classic intel said:

only played fortnite and call of duty black ops today and both games crashed after like 1/2 mins  but i think the gpu only crashes under load because ive used the computer fine for the last 2 day since reinstalling the driver that came with the card and not had any crashes unless i load a game 

are you using a newer driver?

1 minute ago, bebejapes said:

are you using a newer driver?

as i said in my original post im using the driver that came with the gpu in device manger it says the driver is version 10.18.13.6510 because im unable to install the newer driver because it can't find comparable hardware 

also i see a missing driver for something called system 

Untitled.png

Just now, classic intel said:

as i said in my original post im using the driver that came with the gpu in device manger it says the driver is version 10.18.13.6510 because im unable to install the newer driver because it can't find comparable hardware 

also i see a missing driver for something called system 

Untitled.png

i see.

image.png.b5f29c19e244468d9ba12067d6820127.png

asus has an updated driver with win 7 6f bit including 

image.png.ee2ed9273907382f7af1ed373c19c74d.pnghttps://www.geforce.com/drivers

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/710-2-SL/HelpDesk_Download/

Just now, classic intel said:

i got the driver off geforce.com and that would not work 
i will try the asus newer drive

good luck mate.

message back here if it still doesnt work.

there is one more method that will work but its kinda last resort so please checke asus driver first before i mention last resort.

1 hour ago, bebejapes said:

good luck mate.

message back here if it still doesnt work.

there is one more method that will work but its kinda last resort so please checke asus driver first before i mention last resort.

cleaned out old drivers install new one started new match in fortnite it started loading then game crashed no message saying driver crash then about 1min latter the driver crashed :( 

drivers have crashed 3 times in the last 10mins when i used old driver i used pc for 5 hrs never crashed once unless i played a game 

GT 710 is a display adapter not a gaming card :/

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

8 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

50 minutes ago, classic intel said:

drivers have crashed 3 times in the last 10mins when i used old driver i used pc for 5 hrs never crashed once unless i played a game 

okay try rom restore. but you might brick it.

and yes to @Princess Cadence it is a display card but on low settings it should be abel to paly in theory.

14 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

when the card was working lots of games ran fine at 1360x768 low to medium

old games like half life 2 would give me over 150fps on medium 
all games 2008 or older ran great
cuphead on high at 1080p gave me 60fps

fortnite on low at 1920x1080 resolution scaling at 1024x768 gave me 50fps-60fps
farcry primal on low at 720p gave me 30fps

the video card seeing as its not a gaming card was decent

and the cpu is only a q6600 and ram is 7gb

22 minutes ago, bebejapes said:

okay try rom restore. but you might brick it.

and yes to @Princess Cadence it is a display card but on low settings it should be abel to paly in theory.

i will have a look at rom restore  but if nothing works i might just sell it for a couple of bucks and get another cheap video card while i save up for a new pc i do so many surveys for lots of diffrent sites and make lots of money and gift cards ect all the time and im waiting on my $448 payment from youtube

and i already have a decent i72600k pc but i like to use that pc for video editing web browsing or anything that is not gaming related so it will be a couple of months before ive saved enough for good gaming pc

12 minutes ago, bebejapes said:

in that case aim for a gt1030 lp i know it comes in that.

$140nzd does not seem to bad for that price i might get one but seeing as i will be saving for a new pc i don't really see a point

but i do have some money on skrill its a online payment service like paypal i have 85usd on there and cant transfer money to my bank account it says something like we cant send money to this bank account

i found  www,dhgate.com and they take skrill payments and sell some cheap video cards i bought off this site a couple of times without any problems so seeing as i cant transfer money to my bank account i thought i might get a video card off there  anything you would recommend i get off there? 

3 minutes ago, classic intel said:

$140nzd does not seem to bad for that price i might get one

i have some money on skrill its a online payment service like paypal i have 85usd on there and cant transfer money to my bank account it says something like we cant send money to this bank account

i found  www,dhgate.com and they take skrill payments and sell some cheap video cards i bought off this site a couple of times without any problems so seeing as i cant transfer money to my bank account i thought i might get a video card off there  anything you would recommend i get off there? 

sorry mate i dont see any low profile. its all regualr height.

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-DirectX-Profile-ZT-P10300A-10L/dp/B0711NWFJX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1532767846&sr=8-1&keywords=1030+low+profile

if you are going for a gt1030 make sure you get the older ones with GDDR5 memory, not GDDR4. Seems counter-intuitive I know, but the newer(and cheaper to manufacture) ones with GDDR4 are a ripoff in comparison.

Used a gigabyte passive cooled gt1030 myself and for the price was a pretty good card when replacing a gt730 in a crappy prebuilt system with an even worse power supply. ran smoothly on pretty much everything on low to medium, even high on some older titles.

thanks guys 

my friend told me to try under clocking the video card so ive today i used MSI Afterburner and set the clock speeds to the lowest i can and have been playing gta iv for the last 2hrs everything low and at 1024x768 16:9 to get around 28fps-36fps  before on stock speed everything low at 1360x768 gave me around 45fps

so i think the problem might have been solved by underclocking the card knock on wood 

i can live with it like this for the next couple of months till i build my new pc