which cpu should i go for?

my usage is gaming only. I am gaming on 2 monitors. I usually twitch + listen to music + open browser + open torrent + game all at the same time. So which cpu should i go for?? 

I am gaming on 1080p on both monitors. 

Both the Core i5-8400 and Ryzen 5 2600 are decent CPUs. The Ryzen will last longer as it has more threads, which some games prefer. For now, the 8400 is superior in most games.

What's your budget?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

For now, the 8400 is superior in most games.

even with a load of crap running in the background?

She/Her

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

What is your budget?

about the amd rizen 7 2700x and intel i7k model. My budget is around there.

5 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Both the Core i5-8400 and Ryzen 5 2600 are decent CPUs. The Ryzen will last longer as it has more threads, which some games prefer. For now, the 8400 is superior in most games.

What's your budget?

about rizen 7 2700x and intel i7k series. That is my budget. My gpu is gtx 1080.

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

even with a load of crap running in the background?

twitch is not crap. Twitch has lots of hot girls playing games.

3 minutes ago, malaysian gamer said:

about rizen 7 2700x and intel i7k series. That is my budget. My gpu is gtx 1080.

Well, the 8700K is the undisputed king. A GTX1080 at just 1080p is a huge waste of that card, though. Even at 144Hz.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

The 8700k is the current king, but if you an wait both are likely releasing stuff soon, iirc.

Intel is refreshing the CL chips with higher clocks, yes and possibly some new i7/i9. AMD won't release Zen2 (Ryzen 3) until next year.

5 minutes ago, malaysian gamer said:

twitch is not crap. Twitch has lots of hot girls playing games.

i'm gay. so all i see is people who i don't find attractive playing games i'm not interested in :P 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Intel is refreshing the CL chips with higher clocks, yes and possibly some new i7/i9. AMD won't release Zen2 (Ryzen 3) until next year.

Intel releases late during the year and AMD has its release sqedual im April when it comes to CPUs

12 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The 8700k is the current king, but if you can wait both are likely releasing stuff soon, iirc.

i mean the next gen Intel. Amd just released the rizen 7. So i am debating over the amd 7 and intel i79700k.

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

The 2700x is just a refresh.  The roadmap goes Zen, Zen+, Zen 2.  Zen+ is the refresh of Zen 1, and if you want real competition to that i7 you're going to have to wait until next Spring for Zen 2/Ryzen 3.

ic.

guys. Amd has 2 extra cores than the intel i7-8700k correct? Is the 2 extra cores better for my usage? I heard intel is only good for gaming and not that good in multi tasking. Is this true? Sorry for the noob question.

18 minutes ago, malaysian gamer said:

so what is the meaning? i dont understand about the hyperthreading part.

Linus will explain it to you :D

39 minutes ago, malaysian gamer said:

guys. Amd has 2 extra cores than the intel i7-8700k correct? Is the 2 extra cores better for my usage? I heard intel is only good for gaming and not that good in multi tasking. Is this true? Sorry for the noob question.

most games these days wont go past 4 cores. I would go with a 6 core processor as it will take awhile for the 8 core to actually be used. 

AMD is better with streaming/multitasking. Many twitch streamers have seperate PC builds that are AMD. While they play games on their Intel builds. However, AMD CPU's are catching up gaming wise to intel CPU's

16 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Linus will explain it to you :D

ic. Thanks. Looks like i do not need hyperthreading that much. Lol i9 chips are out of my budget.

7 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

most games these days wont go past 4 cores. I would go with a 6 core processor as it will take awhile for the 8 core to actually be used. 

AMD is better with streaming/multitasking. Many twitch streamers have seperate PC builds that are AMD. While they play games on their Intel builds. However, AMD CPU's are catching up gaming wise to intel CPU's

ic. I only know intel chips slightly perform better in gaming than the amd chips.

14 minutes ago, malaysian gamer said:

ic. I only know intel chips slightly perform better in gaming than the amd chips.

Again... "Slightly". It really doesnt make that much of a difference anymore. Now the main difference between AMD vs Intel is the cost difference. If you have a strict budget, an AMD build you could certainly do.  For gaming it really boils down to the graphics card. 

Keep in mind that the AM4 motherboards for AMD will be around for a long time. From what i heard Intel's motherboards ( i cant remember which one) will not be compatible anymore once the new chips come out 

24 minutes ago, malaysian gamer said:

ic. Thanks. Looks like i do not need hyperthreading that much. Lol i9 chips are out of my budget.

If you are doing twitch streaming though a Ryzen R7 1700/2700 etc would be a good choice.

9 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

Again... "Slightly". It really doesnt make that much of a difference anymore. Now the main difference between AMD vs Intel is the cost difference. If you have a strict budget, an AMD build you could certainly do.  For gaming it really boils down to the graphics card. 

Keep in mind that the AM4 motherboards for AMD will be around for a long time. From what i heard Intel's motherboards ( i cant remember which one) will not be compatible anymore once the new chips come out 

ic. For amd motherboard the amd x470 is their latest correct? is this the chipset that will support future amd cpu?

9 hours ago, lee32uk said:

If you are doing twitch streaming though a Ryzen R7 1700/2700 etc would be a good choice.

ic. Thanks.