2x JBL extreme (stereo) or 1 JBL xtreme 2

GtaSeriesFan

Hi Guys,

I am deciding to either get 2 JBL xtreme's for stereo or 1 xtreme 2,  chose one of these 2 options that will  fit in a regular sized backpack to bring  with  me to a party, beach, home use etc

So my choice is between these 2, 1 JBL xtreme 2 costs  300 euro's here in the Netherlands, and 2 JBL xtreme's  costs 400 (refurbished 330~)

Going with jbl because of portability that's what i need and i am happy with my charge 3, but it  lacks in body and hard to fill  a room with sound when alot of people  are talking. (Sound quality is fine not looking for the highest end thing, like a diamondboxx which they don,t sell in the EU)

Main Buying points xtreme's:

Pros:

- 2 units with stereo and easier to fill a room with music.

- Reasonable price considering the 2 against 1.

- good-ish quality looking for bass to give more body.

- in my opinnion better looking than xtreme 2

- louder.

- colour mixing speakers (red&blue)

Cons:

- Heavier than 1 xtreme 2.

- Worst sound quality than xtreme 2.

- Less space in backpack. 

Main Buying points xtreme 2:

Pros:

- Better overall sound quality.

- Better dynamic range.

- better and deeper bass 55 hz. 

- Less Weight  and more room (backpack)

Cons:

- 20 watt on  batterymode (instead  of 30 watt than the xtreme has on battery)

- 1 Speaker instead of 2.

- looks worse than the xtreme in my opinion.

So what do you  Guys think?

PC || CPU - I5 3570K @4.5ghz|| Motherboard - Asrock Z77 extreme 4 || CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 || RAM - 1x8GB Vengeance Blue - XPG Adata 2x4GB's (16GB) || Graphics card - EVGA GTX 970 superclocked ACX 2.0 SLI || Storage- SEAGATE FIRECUDA 1TB ||PSU- Corsair AX750 watt gold rated|| Case- NZXT 340 WHITE

so pay 600 for 2 extreme 1s or 400 for 1 new extreme 2? 

Honestly just go with the Extreme 2, if it sounds better and gives u more room.

I don't see a scenario   where having 2 would benefit in a party because if you're using 2 already, it's either gunna be too much or too little.

Better off saving the 200 for a bigger non-portable speaker that you can plug in if you really need more sound.Insert other media

Well  both new 300 vs 400 but yeah ofc i know the xtreme 2 sounds better, the probleem may be directed sound with 1 Speaker to one place ( sound different if you are off  center, 2 give options but worst sound ofc nothing  compared to a non portable speaker. But that's not what i am looking for.

PC || CPU - I5 3570K @4.5ghz|| Motherboard - Asrock Z77 extreme 4 || CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 || RAM - 1x8GB Vengeance Blue - XPG Adata 2x4GB's (16GB) || Graphics card - EVGA GTX 970 superclocked ACX 2.0 SLI || Storage- SEAGATE FIRECUDA 1TB ||PSU- Corsair AX750 watt gold rated|| Case- NZXT 340 WHITE

21 hours ago, GtaSeriesFan said:

Well  both new 300 vs 400 but yeah ofc i know the xtreme 2 sounds better, the probleem may be directed sound with 1 Speaker to one place ( sound different if you are off  center, 2 give options but worst sound ofc nothing  compared to a non portable speaker. But that's not what i am looking for.

They're not super directional. They're designed to be put down as a party speaker. I would personally prefer better sound quality and also the cheaper price of the Xtreme 2. I have the OG Xtreme and it's a very neat little speaker; gets very loud as well. Having the lower bass cutoff would be nice though 

That's an F in the profile pic

2 hours ago, Froody129 said:

They're not super directional. They're designed to be put down as a party speaker. I would personally prefer better sound quality and also the cheaper price of the Xtreme 2. I have the OG Xtreme and it's a very neat little speaker; gets very loud as well. Having the lower bass cutoff would be nice though 

Yeah may be going with the xtreme 2 and if needed get a second one for stereo, that's a thing i want. Just find that the  xtreme looks nicer and having 2 does have the stereo effect, and is more room filling  than a boombox. In that way it,s cheaper, and more portable (backpack)

I just can,t make my decision :/ i have a charge 3 and the sound quality and balancing is pretty good on that. Als has an update for connect + so more devices playing at once instead of 2, xtreme most likely won,t get connect + :/