Best cheap inventory system

PenguinMaster

What is the best inventory system that I can use a barcode scanner with? I need to be able to enter in all of the information once, and than when I scan a barcode in the system, all of the information that is registered with that barcode to pop up. Budget is $200

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Depends. What software is available to you already?

You could build your own Database using Microsoft Access, and then build a front-end for it using the built-in forms.

If you wanted to put some more effort into it, you could build a database using SQL (MySQL, SQL Lite, Microsoft SQL, etc), and then either build a web server + site to pull the data, or build a simple application using something like Visual BASIC.

If you're looking for an off the shelf inventory system? You'd need to do some research as to what's available. I'm sure there are dozens - if not hundreds - of commercial software options to choose from.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On YouTube, I once saw someone building and coding his own using an Android tablet, some scanner from Amazon, and good old QT creator toolkit for Android operating system.  

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I prefer creating an SQL database and creating a front end for it, like @dalekphalm mentioned.

It just allows me as the admin to customize the way I want it to look and organised both front and back end more than Microsoft Access. imo.

24 minutes ago, Netivity said:

I prefer creating an SQL database and creating a front end for it, like @dalekphalm mentioned.

It just allows me as the admin to customize the way I want it to look and organised both front and back end more than Microsoft Access. imo.

Oh very true - Access is quite limited. But it's incredibly easy to design (both back end and front end) compared to SQL. SQL is definitely more advanced. Though if you can take the time to learn it, most consider it worth the challenge.

@Chickenfans

Creating an HTML front-end for it shouldn't be too difficult. You can find guides online to walk you through the basics of connecting to an SQL database, and then you just customize what tables/queries you're calling and writing to.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)