How can I make my pc super responsive in a certain game?

zindan

Okay, so I have no idea how people like these get super fast on Brawlhalla. Is he just fast or is his setup really fast with his hands?

Is it the motherboard? Keyboard? Network? Monitor?
Would I ensure the fastest possible speed with following setup: 

i7 8700k
Aorus by Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming
1080 TI  (until 1180) releases. 
Corsair k70 red mx (keyboard)
Vengeance corsair 8gb 2600mhz
ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q - monitor

NETWORK:
500mb/s download speed
100mb/s upload speed

FAST FORWARD TO 14:22

7 minutes ago, zindan said:

Okay, so I have no idea how people like these get super fast on Brawlhalla. Is he just fast or is his setup really fast with his hands?

Is it the motherboard? Keyboard? Network? Monitor?
Would I ensure the fastest possible speed with following setup: 

i7 8700k
Aorus by Gigabyte Z370 Ultra Gaming
1080 TI  (until 1180) releases. 
Corsair k70 red mx (keyboard)
Vengeance corsair 8gb 2600mhz
ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q - monitor

NETWORK:
500mb/s download speed
100mb/s upload speed

Fast reaction time and muscle memory and also you would want to play brawlhalla with a gamepad not a keyboard and turn off V-Sync, that only causes input lag

The footage you gave is totally normal speed, so i dont understand your question?

Maybe your reaction times are slow, try some reaction time test and report back.

Movements arent dictated by your video card, but by your hand-eye coordination and reaction time.

If you you think pc is unresponsive run the game at lowest settings, vsync off, so you get maximum fps, and also get a 144hz monitor.

8 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

Fast reaction time and muscle memory and also you would want to play brawlhalla with a gamepad not a keyboard and turn off V-Sync, that only causes input lag

A game pad? What is that ? o.O And why? 

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

The footage you gave is totally normal speed, so i dont understand your question?

Maybe your reaction times are slow, try some reaction time test and report back.

Movements arent dictated by your video card, but by your hand-eye coordination and reaction time.

Cmon man look at him... He is like a shooting star. 
Approximately 200ms reaction speed with the following test.
https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/

What about the motherboard?

4 minutes ago, zindan said:

A game pad? What is that ? o.O And why? 

Xbox 360/one controller because it's way easier to reach for the buttons than it is on the keyboard.

5 minutes ago, zindan said:

What about the motherboard?

it has NOTHING to do with hardware except that gamepads are way more comfy and better to play with than a keyboard on this game

4 minutes ago, ZeouLs said:

Xbox 360/one controller because it's way easier to reach for the buttons than it is on the keyboard.

Wow, dude no way. I am low platinum with keyboard. Controller is so damn clumsy. I can reach all keys perfectly!  That is a personal preference, Keyboard also has an advantage over controller. For one I can turn left and right very quickly, I have 2 jump buttons, 'w' and 'space bar' 

Very useful. Also I can reach all my controllers just fine. Look!
THE ONLY TIME I don't have all my fingers on the keys is only when I am gonna throw, I use my three middle fingers on my right hand on light attack/heavy attack/dash

Razer-Blackwidow-Chroma-V2-Mechanical-Switches-Gaming-Keyboard.jpg

Killer specs but only 8GB of ram?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 minute ago, Raskolnikov said:

Killer specs but only 8GB of ram?

All I do is study, listen to music and play fortnite/brawlhalla. I also use discord. 

Do I really need more? :)

Git gud. 

That's the only thing I can suggest.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Predictive ability of the mind...

That is, if person runs left, they may jump and kick, start running to counter.

At least, that's what I've learnt from Rocket League. Not only that, but NOT doing anything at times, as running in the wrong direction means you got twice the time now to recover, where as getting the right direction the first time and it takes half the time.

That and (in Rocket League anyhow, no idea about your game), sometimes there are physics/move tricks. Like jumping into an obstacle to get a boost when bouncing off. Or "move cancels" where you start one move, and a different one cancels the old move (like Punch cancelling Kicks). But sometimes this allows you to do twice the move distance with half the time (as each move does not finish in the full time). For example, in Rocket league, you can jump into the ground if you angle the car correctly, so instead of boosting up, you boost forwards. Those who can do it, can get off ahead much much faster than those just driving and boosting normally.

2 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Predictive ability of the mind...

That is, if person runs left, they may jump and kick, start running to counter.

At least, that's what I've learnt from Rocket League. Not only that, but NOT doing anything at times, as running in the wrong direction means you got twice the time now to recover, where as getting the right direction the first time and it takes half the time.

That and (in Rocket League anyhow, no idea about your game), sometimes there are physics/move tricks. Like jumping into an obstacle to get a boost when bouncing off. Or "move cancels" where you start one move, and a different one cancels the old move (like Punch cancelling Kicks). But sometimes this allows you to do twice the move distance with half the time (as each move does not finish in the full time). For example, in Rocket league, you can jump into the ground if you angle the car correctly, so instead of boosting up, you boost forwards. Those who can do it, can get off ahead much much faster than those just driving and boosting normally.

Yeah I think you are absolutely right! 

Try the game, if you like "reading" and stuff. It is really cool, extremely competitive though. 

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

It is really cool, extremely competitive though. 

Can confirm played the alpha on steam

I think it all depends on how much time you spend on the game and how frequently do you play. Like with all manual skills, the more you play, the better you are. You start to adjust to the speed and tactics of the game, you make fewer errors. That's it, practise more.

app for presentation  https://crescendoapp.com/

Just now, PurpleRabbit84 said:

I think it all depends on how much time you spend on the game and how frequently do you play. Like with all manual skills, the more you play, the better you are. You start to adjust to the speed and tactics of the game, you make fewer errors. That's it, practise more.

Yeah that is true. Time is probably all I need to be able to play as the pros.

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

How much time do you have in that game?

I have 1000hours in tf2 and im only like half pro, so to get real good you would have to play like 10000 hours, and it is probably similar in your game too.

It doesnt have anything to do with the motherboard, but with moves trained directly into muscle memory.

Just now, Some Random Member said:

How much time do you have in that game?

I have 1000hours in tf2 and im only like half pro, so to get real good you would have to play like 10000 hours, and it is probably similar in your game too.

It doesnt have anything to do with the motherboard, but with moves trained directly into muscle memory.

I have about 520 hours on steam, I believe that I will be able to reach low diamond rank (highest rank possible) when I reach like 1500 hours atleast. Or sooner actually.    Sometimes when I play I just get better, like I don't know. Things just improve. Also we have a training room which I found out is extremely useful, jesus christ. You can change the bots dodge reactions, move reactions and a lot of stuff. You can literally train to counter every single possible move in the game nearly. And there are  A LOT of possible moves/attacks. It is so much.  They have like 8 different weapons and 30+ different legends with different heavy attacks. So it is hard. Hehe :P  But I stick with spear, I am really good with spear. 

You only play Fortnite and Brawlhalla but have a 1080ti?? Bit of a waste!

And responding to your original post, it's not hardware related other than peripherals. Faster response time monitor for example would help. But internal hardware does not. Really the solution is just to get better I'm afraid.

32 minutes ago, zindan said:

That and better heart rates than I get. Adrenaline kicks in, I can play for 30 seconds... then I lose everything else. xD

1 minute ago, ImpulseRez said:

You only play Fortnite and Brawlhalla but have a 1080ti?? Bit of a waste!

And responding to your original post, it's not hardware related other than peripherals. Faster response time monitor for example would help. But internal hardware does not. Really the solution is just to get better I'm afraid.

Well, for fortnite it's not a waste. I need stable 240fps to go with my 240hz monitor. I need a 1180.. the 1080ti is to weak.

37 minutes ago, zindan said:

Well, for fortnite it's not a waste. I need stable 240fps to go with my 240hz monitor. I need a 1180.. the 1080ti is to weak.

Okay fair enough, didn't realise that monitor was 240Hz, my bad!

Sounds like you've got the hardware setup all fine then. Unfortunatley only way to get better/faster is practice!

128GB of the fastest ram you can get and create a 60GB ram drive and throw the game in there, the rest of the solutions will only give you a small boost, this we use for Linux long compiles, if it can speed 12x the compile your game will run too fast for the gpu to even render a loading screen

CPU Name: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor @4.25

Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

RAM: G.Skill Flare X @3200Mhz 14-14-14-34-48-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR)

1 hour ago, spider623 said:

128GB of the fastest ram you can get and create a 60GB ram drive and throw the game in there, the rest of the solutions will only give you a small boost, this we use for Linux long compiles, if it can speed 12x the compile your game will run too fast for the gpu to even render a loading screen

This won't make a difference to in game performance, only loading times.

Linux compiles are a completely different workload to games.

2 minutes ago, ImpulseRez said:

This won't make a difference to in game performance, only loading times.

Linux compiles are a completely different workload to games.

So what he said was won't work at all for me? Sounds expensive.

3 minutes ago, zindan said:

So what he said was won't work at all for me? Sounds expensive.

It won't work at all. All it will do is make the game load a little bit quicker (no difference once you're in the game)