What are good video games

Crab Puncher

Hi everyone. I have been looking for a new game to get that is good. My most recent games include; dead by daylight, gta V, just cause 3 and middle earth shadow of morrdor. Any recommendations

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

inb4 Witcher 3 is mentioned 

but seriously, Witcher 3

have played it

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

What kind of style do you like to play?

multiplayer, FPS, RPG's

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV are fun.

Have you given Team Fortress 2 a try?

I used to play TF2 but what is Saints Row: The Third and Saints Row IV

Just now, Crab Puncher said:

multiplayer, FPS, RPG's

Fortnite is pretty good if you can put up with the learning curve and the flame you'll get from people who don't play it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

4 minutes ago, Crab Puncher said:

Any recommendations

Portal, Portal 2, Portal Stories: Mel.

CPU-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / CPU Cooler-Noctua NH-D15S / Motherboard-MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-WD WDBSLA0040HNC-NRSN 4TB 3.5" 7200 RPM / Storage-WD Red 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM--Crucial P3 4TB 3.0X4 NVME--Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Corsair MP600 CORE 2TB 4.0X4 NVME / Video Card-XFX Radeon RX 6900 XT / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / PSU-SeaSonic PRIME 1000 W 80+ Gold / Sound Card-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z w/Shield / Monitor-BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560 x 1440 60 Hz / Monitor-Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz / Keyboard-Logitech G Pro / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / UPS-CyberPower GX1325U / Fan Controller-Corsair Commander Pro

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / CPU Cooler-Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX / Motherboard-Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) / MemoryG.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Western Digital Black SN750 SE 1TB 4.0X4 NVME--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB 3.0X4 NVME--Seagate Barracuda Compute 3 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM / Video Card-Asus KO Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3070 / Case-Lian Li O11 Air Mini / Case-LIAN LI PCI-E 16 X 4.0 Black Riser / PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ Gold / Monitor-LG 22BK430H-B 21.5" 1920 x 1080 60 Hz / Monitor-MSI Optix 271CQP 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Curved / Keyboard-Logitech G413 TKL SE / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower CP1350PFCLCD / Fan Controller-Corsair  Commander Pro / Sony HT-S200F Soundbar

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / CPU Cooler-Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition / Motherboard-MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE MAX WIFI / Memory-G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 / Storage-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--PNY CS900 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB NVME/ Video Card-EVGA XC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 / Case-Cooler NR200P / PSU-Cooler Master V750 SFX GOLD / Keyboard-HyperX Alloy Origins Core / Mouse-Logitech G502 HERO Wired / UPS-CyberPower LE1000DG-FC / Fan Controller-NZXT RGB & Fan Controller

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 5700G / CPU Cooler-Scythe Shuriken 2 / Motherboard-Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Memory-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3800 CL18 / Storage-WD Blue 1TB 2.5" SSD--Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB 3.0X4 NVME--Patriot P310 1.92TB 3.0X4 NVME / Case-InWin B1 Mesh / Keyboard-Logitech K380 / Mouse-Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED Wireless / Monitor-ViewSonic VX1755 17" 1080p Portable IPS Gaming Monitor 144Hz / Speakers-Creative Muvo Go (Black)

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Fortnite is pretty good if you can put up with the learning curve and the flame you'll get from people who don't play it.

Or even the pve fortnite, that game was fun as hell before it became non existent with the battle royale stuff 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Or even the pve fortnite, that game was fun as hell before it became non existent with the battle royale stuff 

I'm a cheapskate, so I haven't gotten to try that. I hear it's pretty good though.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

That's funny you say that, I have played Fortnite and I hated it. I know it's not a very popular opinion especially at my school but any other recommendations  

I read the question in a philosophical way. Definitely a question for the ages, it's very hard nowadays to discern "good video games". What are they? Where do they come from? Are they here to hurt us?

:)

I kid.

If you like single player open world games, Witcher 3 is definitely up there, as is Skyrim (Either legendary edition or special edition). If you like single player atmospheric FPS games, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series are amazing, and the mod community has rallied around them to give them a lot more life - especially the first one.

For multiplayer games, Warframe is good, free, but gets really grindy if you want to push endgame. Overwatch is also good if you like the PVP aspect more, and it's constantly evolving, but the community in public games can be hit or miss.

I'm also a fan of the Borderlands games, and would definitely recommend you start with the first (including all dlc's) if you choose to play them. It's getting on a bit, but the gameplay and story (with the exception of the vanilla ending) is fantastic. 

Honestly, it's hard to give you specific recommendations until we know roughly what you like.

2 minutes ago, Crab Puncher said:

That's funny you say that, I have played Fortnite and I hated it. I know it's not a very popular opinion especially at my school but any other recommendations  

Portal and Portal 2. Some of the best games I have ever played.

Minecraft is also fun to play, even though not as many people play it these days.

6 minutes ago, Crab Puncher said:

multiplayer, FPS, RPG's

Star Wars Knights Of the old republic is arguably one of the greatest RPG games out there, or for Rpg and shooter combo, mass effect 2.

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

Just now, LordOTaco said:

Stardew Valley is a great RPG/16 Bit farming sim.  Doom is a good FPS even just for the single player. 

I have doom and it has a multiplayer option but is not very good

1 hour ago, Crab Puncher said:

Hi everyone. I have been looking for a new game to get that is good. My most recent games include; dead by daylight, gta V, just cause 3 and middle earth shadow of morrdor. Any recommendations

Csgo, if you are willing to play alot until you get past the hackers and smurfs that is everything up to gn2

18 hours ago, Crab Puncher said:

multiplayer, FPS, RPG's

My signature should have an incomplete thread with games but some highlights are:

Rainbow Six Siege (hits all 3) 

counter strike (m, fps

fallout (fps rpg/rpg)

gothic (rpg) 

call of duty (all 3)

titanfall 2 (all 3) 

arma 3 (all 3)

world of Warcraft (rpg multiplayer)

thats all from the top of my head. Some games don’t seem like level up RPG but you play the role of the character. Others you level up & unlock stuff like cod. 

I feel like this is more of a philosophical question than something with a tangible answer. 

On 7/24/2018 at 2:48 AM, LordOTaco said:

Stardew Valley is a great RPG/16 Bit farming sim.

Soon, they'll implement multiplayer feature.

It'll be more than great by then :x (assuming it's not broken).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/7/2018 at 10:30 PM, Crab Puncher said:

Borderlands 2 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution