So I may Have fucked up my computer

Ninjasupahsquid

I dragged an old computer out of storage and played some games on it then went to bed... I woke up and the damn thing wouldn't display out of the graphics card... it would do onboard graphics but no GPU. so I took to the forums in this thread right here VVVVV

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/951138-pc-booting-with-onboard-graphics-instead-of-gpu/?tab=comments#comment-11564929

then someone told me to clear the CMOS... so I followed this guide

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clear-cmos-2624545

I unplugged the computer removed the CMOS battery and put it back in a couple of seconds later... now whenever I try to turn it back on it gives me a series of really high pitched beeps.

Video of High Pitched beeps VVVVV

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TQY_RsVvx7eLZDnwWIVG3WS1enQZobcj/view?usp=sharing

and now I'm kinda out of a computer cause now it won't even display with onboard graphics... WTF is going on...

That video isn't pubic. We can't see it without requesting access. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

2 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

That video isn't pubic. We can't see it without requesting access. 

I uploaded it to youtube

My guess is by resetting BIOS, it returned to the default of not enabling iGPU if GPU is present, and since GPU is defective (maybe?) the beeps are about a graphics issue.  What happens if you remove the GPU and try again?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Is this usually a post error, check if ram/gpuand seated properly.

Magical Pineapples

Those long beeps you are hearing are likely the motherboards beep code to report errors. If you have the manual (or check the model number and search online) you can find out what the beep code means.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

That sounds like memory issue. Those beeps indicate memory issue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

k there aren't anymore beeps but it still won't output thru the graphics card

try the gpu on another slot.

if you can try it on another PC, like a friends

see if all the cables are properly seated

do the fans turn on?

see if there is any problem with the card, like leaked components

clean the dust, old computer and storage and all that

2 minutes ago, asus killer said:

try the gpu on another slot.

if you can try it on another PC, like a friends

see if all the cables are properly seated

do the fans turn on?

see if there is any problem with the card, like leaked components

clean the dust, old computer and storage and all that

the fans do boot up... everything is properly seated and I cant put it in another slot because it is a mATX board

3 hours ago, Ninjasupahsquid said:

the fans do boot up... everything is properly seated and I cant put it in another slot because it is a mATX board

In some cases you need to disable the internal igpu in the bios to be able to output to the other gpu, it can also be that you have to chose the preferred gpu in the bios.