PLS HELP

So when ever i launche fortnite adn get into a game it sll of the sudden freezes and i have to close it by task manager can anyone help please?

\

Specs Ryzen 5 1600 R9 270X 8gbs ram

Is it just fortnite or other games as well?

Did you update your graphic card drivers with the ones straight from AMD?
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

And did you also install your chipsets drivers for Ryzen? (same website)
Do you have DirectX and other redist needed to launch the game installed?

Did it used to work before today or is this your first time trying to play Fortnite ?

It seems there was a rampant issue where a new update for Fortnite caused this, with the apparent fix being to install the Media Features for Windows N (Europe).

Or it should technically also work if you just install a codec pack, like K-Lite Codec Pack Standard, which does even more than regular media features built-in windows.
I'm assuming this is because the game is trying to play a video/cutscene but doesn't have the required codecs to play them back on certain versions of Windows (Windows N doesn't have media features included in it)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

8 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Is it just fortnite or other games as well?

Did you update your graphic card drivers with the ones straight from AMD?
https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

And did you also install your chipsets drivers for Ryzen? (same website)
Do you have DirectX and other redist needed to launch the game installed?

Did it used to work before today or is this your first time trying to play Fortnite ?

It seems there was a rampant issue where a new update for Fortnite caused this, with the apparent fix being to install the Media Features for Windows N (Europe).

Or it should technically also work if you just install a codec pack, like K-Lite Codec Pack Standard, which does even more than regular media features built-in windows.
I'm assuming this is because the game is trying to play a video/cutscene but doesn't have the required codecs to play them back on certain versions of Windows (Windows N doesn't have media features included in it)

I have had fortnite for about a month i started to notice issues right before season 5 came out.  I am installing the codec pack rn i will get back to you if it works. This is only happening on fortnite.  UPDATE: The codec package was not comaptible