H100i Fan Brain Fart....

Rasmuff
Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

So i recently built my new PC which isn't completely done but that's not the point of this post!

The thing that I'm running into is that... well... I really don't like Corsair Link. It just doesn't really make much sense to me. 

What I'm trying to do with it is control that fans that are on my H100i but keep them as quite as possible.

I have 2 Noctua NF-F12 in a push configuration and all i can figure out to do is set them to about 700 RPM in Corsair Link which is really quite and keeps my CPU at about 26-28 degrees Celsius. But the Noctuas are literately the most audible things in my computer and that's not what I want it to be, at least in my mind. My computer is constantly in a pretty cold environment. My bedroom is in the basement in my house, which is underground and i live in the Northwest of the U.S so its just basically cold here, especially now in the winter.

So overall I'm looking for a really good way for my computer or some sort of software to regulate my CPU fans. I have a Asus Maximus VI Hero which has Fan Expert 2 but it doesn't really set a fan curve to my Noctuas. It only sets one to the pump i think? not even sure about that.

So if you guys have any suggestions that would be great! :)

Thanks,

Matt

i ran a ASUS Hero and H100i (single wire tach) off the CPU_OPT header and used

a PWM splitter to run the fans off to let the mobo (CPU_FAN) or fan expert2 to

adjust fans. if you have the H100i on the CPU_FAN there is nothing to adjust and

FE2 will skip over the test (no response). even using the NF-F12 or SP120 PWM

the fans were quiet (500rpm).

So i recently built my new PC which isn't completely done but that's not the point of this post!

The thing that I'm running into is that... well... I really don't like Corsair Link. It just doesn't really make much sense to me. 

What I'm trying to do with it is control that fans that are on my H100i but keep them as quite as possible.

I have 2 Noctua NF-F12 in a push configuration and all i can figure out to do is set them to about 700 RPM in Corsair Link which is really quite and keeps my CPU at about 26-28 degrees Celsius. But the Noctuas are literately the most audible things in my computer and that's not what I want it to be, at least in my mind. My computer is constantly in a pretty cold environment. My bedroom is in the basement in my house, which is underground and i live in the Northwest of the U.S so its just basically cold here, especially now in the winter.

So overall I'm looking for a really good way for my computer or some sort of software to regulate my CPU fans. I have a Asus Maximus VI Hero which has Fan Expert 2 but it doesn't really set a fan curve to my Noctuas. It only sets one to the pump i think? not even sure about that.

Thanks,

Matt

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

Your board should have a cpu_opt header that you can use a splitter on to connect the noctuas for pwm control.

oh gawd,

noctua is the loudest thing in your PC? what kind of pc do you have???

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

Your board should have a cpu_opt header that you can use a splitter on to connect the noctuas for pwm control.

• That wont mess with the pump and fans running best together?

oh gawd,

noctua is the loudest thing in your PC? what kind of pc do you have???

• Updated my signature, thats my build

i7-4770k | Asus Maximus VI Hero | Corsair H100i | 1080ti  | G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400Mhz | Samsung EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair RM1000i | Fractal Design Define R4 | LG 27GL83A

Thanks,

Matt

i ran a ASUS Hero and H100i (single wire tach) off the CPU_OPT header and used

a PWM splitter to run the fans off to let the mobo (CPU_FAN) or fan expert2 to

adjust fans. if you have the H100i on the CPU_FAN there is nothing to adjust and

FE2 will skip over the test (no response). even using the NF-F12 or SP120 PWM

the fans were quiet (500rpm).