Which Ultrawide should I buy???

JoeMontag

Hello all! Here's my predicament. I am planning a build in the near future. Here's my list.: i7-8700k - ASUS PRIME Z370-A MOBO  -  Trident z RGB Ram 16gb (2x8)  -  Samsung 970 Evo m.2 250gb  -  WD Black 4tb  -  EVGA 1080ti FTW3 -  Corsair HX1000i  80+ platinum (Planning on adding a second 1080ti in the future)  -  And I'll be reusing my Corsair H100i v2 from my current build. Now my predicament is this: I want to replace my dual monitor display (SWIFT PG278Q and a regular Asus 1080p 60hz monitor) with a single ultrawide. But I am torn between the SWIFT PG348Q and the LG 38WK95C-W. I game frequently but usually single player games and when I do play games like Siege, Overwatch, and CS:GO, I do so super casually. I am also starting college in the fall and I'm going for film courses so I'll very likely be doing a lot of video editing.  I love the idea of G-sync and 100hz on a ultrawide and of course the lower price of the swift. But the LG is tempting with more screen real-estate, near 4K resolution, and HDR. But the higher price makes me think twice. I'm coming off the SWIFT PG278Q and I'm afraid that I'll miss the higher refresh rate and notice the absence of Gsync. What do you guys think?  The SWIFT or the LG?

I would get the swift 100% especially because it has gsync. Also 100hz makes it very nice for smooth gaming.