Not enough fan connectors on MOBO.

kdmasmkda

Hi there, I just noticed I didn't have enough fan headers on my motherboard and was wondering if these cheap splitters will work for my CORSAIR LL120 fans. Would using a splitter like this not allow fan speed adjustment? Would it just change the speed of both? Would it not work at all and not power my fans? Thanks!

Minor update, these would be better for me as I have 3 of these fans. Same questions still apply.

The webpage basically says it is compatible with both 3 and 4 pin connections but doesn't say whether or not the cable itself is 4 pin.  To use the RGB functions correctly I believe that you will need 4 pin cables.

3 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

The webpage basically says it is compatible with both 3 and 4 pin connections but doesn't say whether or not the cable itself is 4 pin.  To use the RGB functions correctly I believe that you will need 4 pin cables.

The RGB function is in a separate cable attached to a controller/usb port.

Make sure you get one with 4 pins, I believe Cooler Master sells a "Trident Fan Splitter" or something, and that should work.

1 minute ago, Leinad4400 said:

Make sure you get one with 4 pins, I believe Cooler Master sells a "Trident Fan Splitter" or something, and that should work.

I believe they only sell a RGB splitter.

https://www.gearbest.com/other-pc-parts/pp_779559.html?wid=1433363&currency=GBP&vip=4264383&gclid=CjwKCAjw7cDaBRBtEiwAsxprXXaGi9t8WQjAG2-u43WCjIFeK1bVKQZMwm49TofWUaSLLmhU4dQwRxoC7HcQAvD_BwE

That's what you need and it'll give you some scope for installing some more fans if ever needed,  Plug the Molex in for power, plug the PWM into one of your mobo headers and then plug your fans into the hub.

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

6 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

The RGB function is in a separate cable attached to a controller/usb port.

So you're saying the fans should have two cables, one for power and one for RGB?  Sorry, but I don't believe so.  An RGB cable actually does have four conductors.  Three of them are for power/speed and the fourth is for RGB.  At least that is the way it was explained to me.  Correct me if I am wrong.

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

So you're saying the fans should have two cables, one for power and one for RGB?  Sorry, but I don't believe so.  An RGB cable actually does have four conductors.  Three of them are for power/speed and the fourth is for RGB.  At least that is the way it was explained to me.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, the ll120 fans have 2 cables for each fan. One 4 pin connector for the RGB and one 4 pin connector for the fan.

4 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

Yes, the ll120 fans have 2 cables for each fan. One 4 pin connector for the RGB and one 4 pin connector for the fan.

Guess I learned something new today.  Thanks for setting me along the right path.

15 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

I believe they only sell a RGB splitter.

Oh, that might be what I was thinking of. My bad.

15 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

https://www.gearbest.com/other-pc-parts/pp_779559.html?wid=1433363&currency=GBP&vip=4264383&gclid=CjwKCAjw7cDaBRBtEiwAsxprXXaGi9t8WQjAG2-u43WCjIFeK1bVKQZMwm49TofWUaSLLmhU4dQwRxoC7HcQAvD_BwE

That's what you need and it'll give you some scope for installing some more fans if ever needed,  Plug the Molex in for power, plug the PWM into one of your mobo headers and then plug your fans into the hub.

https://www.amazon.com/CRJ-Blackout-All-Black-Splitter/dp/B0763FGH6S/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1532061126&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=pwm+fan+hub&psc=1 

Would this work? Obviously I will need to electric tape those ketchup and mustard cables sticking out but at least it will arrive sooner.

22 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

Also, will these all be controllable as one fan or will you be able to control all 3.

1 hour ago, kdmasmkda said:

https://www.amazon.com/CRJ-Blackout-All-Black-Splitter/dp/B0763FGH6S/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1532061126&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=pwm+fan+hub&psc=1 

Would this work? Obviously I will need to electric tape those ketchup and mustard cables sticking out but at least it will arrive sooner.

That will work.  It'll do the same job.

1 hour ago, kdmasmkda said:

Also, will these all be controllable as one fan or will you be able to control all 3.

Your software/bios will only see your fans as one and control them as if only one was there.  You would need a decent fan controller like This: to have control over individual fans

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!