X399 motherboard won’t boot and displays 79

Hi there,

I am currently building a computer and as everyone suggests I took all components and booted them outside the computer case to test it. Everything booted fine and was perfect, but now that all the components are in the case my x399 motherboard is stuck with 79 on the display panel and the computer will not boot ... can anyone help?

Components:
Aorus x399
Ryzen threadripper
Asus strix Gtx 1080 ti
G. Skill trident z

3 minutes ago, DommPaone said:

Hi there,

I am currently building a computer and as everyone suggests I took all components and booted them outside the computer case to test it. Everything booted fine and was perfect, but now that all the components are in the case my x399 motherboard is stuck with 79 on the display panel and the computer will not boot ... can anyone help?

Components:
Aorus x399
Ryzen threadripper
Asus strix Gtx 1080 ti
G. Skill trident z

79 is CSM errors.  It's a comparability issues, but probably just something needed to be reseated if it all worked before.  Did you remove the RAM while transferring it to the case?  That's where I would start.

1 hour ago, TheGlenlivet said:

79 is CSM errors.  It's a comparability issues, but probably just something needed to be reseated if it all worked before.  Did you remove the RAM while transferring it to the case?  That's where I would start.

No but I did remove the ram and reinstall it (this was when I was still getting the 79) I also tried removing the graphics card and the storage 

46 minutes ago, DommPaone said:

No but I did remove the ram and reinstall it (this was when I was still getting the 79) I also tried removing the graphics card and the storage 

I'd unplug everything but 1 stick of RAM in the correct slot, the GPU for the monitor, and the mouse and keyboard and see if that gets it to boot.

30 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I'd unplug everything but 1 stick of RAM in the correct slot, the GPU for the monitor, and the mouse and keyboard and see if that gets it to boot.

No that didn’t seem to work either 

Oh actually I’m now getting a 70 on the mother board after I unplugged my Corsair lighting node 

2 minutes ago, DommPaone said:

Oh actually I’m now getting a 70 on the mother board after I unplugged my Corsair lighting node 

PCH DXE initialization

Huh, BIOS updated?  Have you made any changes in the BIOS?

41 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

PCH DXE initialization

Huh, BIOS updated?  Have you made any changes in the BIOS?

No I have not and the board is now reading 79 again

Ok just got a post? It want me to insert or select a boot device

Ok good and bad news the motherboard boots and runs windows but now within 45 seconds of being on the lock screen the motherboard powers off? 

18 hours ago, DommPaone said:

Ok good and bad news the motherboard boots and runs windows but now within 45 seconds of being on the lock screen the motherboard powers off? 

Get this figured out yet? Rebooting can be a NUMBER of things.  Driver crash, PSU wearing out, CPU over heating....