PC reboots randomly just after windows screen

XxKINGxX40
Go to solution Solved by XxKINGxX40,

Update: Did not want to revive an old thread, but I wanted to provide what fixed my issue just in case anyone in the future looks at this thread to try to fix this or a similar problem. Good luck!

The problem seems to be fixed. What I did was I first wanted to identify if it was a hardware or software problem. I tried formatting my drive and clean installing Windows. That did nothing, so I knew it was a hardware issue. I then removed the GPU and the RAM. I thought it was highly unlikely that it was the CPU, so I didn't bother with it. I made sure all the power cables were fitted correctly, both on the motherboard and the PSU side. Re-seated all the other cables on the mobo, just in case. Put everything back together, and issue is fixed. Has not rebooted since. If I had to guess, I think one of the power cables just came loose during the road trip.

I did just move about 800 miles and took my PC with me on my car. However I made sure the PC would take the transport as best it could. I removed the GPU and CPU cooler before putting it in my car, and separated them.

Before the move, the PC was totally fine.

Basically what is happening is that at times, the PC freezes for about 2 seconds and then restarts. No blue screen. And every time it happens, it's within about 30 seconds of Windows booting. I already tried updating the Bios, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, and turning off the overclocks. Already checked temperatures on idle and gaming, they're all good. Any ideas? Was thinking about possibly reinstalling Windows.

i7 7700K

Team Vulcan 16GB RAM

Asus Z270i

GTX 1080 Ti 

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Did you take the hard drives out?

I just have 1 m.2 SSD on the back of the mobo, and no I never took it out.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Did not want to revive an old thread, but I wanted to provide what fixed my issue just in case anyone in the future looks at this thread to try to fix this or a similar problem. Good luck!

The problem seems to be fixed. What I did was I first wanted to identify if it was a hardware or software problem. I tried formatting my drive and clean installing Windows. That did nothing, so I knew it was a hardware issue. I then removed the GPU and the RAM. I thought it was highly unlikely that it was the CPU, so I didn't bother with it. I made sure all the power cables were fitted correctly, both on the motherboard and the PSU side. Re-seated all the other cables on the mobo, just in case. Put everything back together, and issue is fixed. Has not rebooted since. If I had to guess, I think one of the power cables just came loose during the road trip.