Chrome app crashing when running in the background

Hey All

Recently Chrome has begun crashing/closing and reopening again when running in the background while playing youtube in desktop mode. It works for about 7-8 minuts and then crashes/closes when I then open my phone it reopens Chrome as if i came from my startscreen and pressed on the app and the youtube video get reloaded and starts playing from the start of the video. I have tried clearing the cache and data separately and both at the same time and then testing again and the same problem comes back. also tried reinstalling Chrome and tried both dev chromes and it still does it also tried restarting my phone. even tried clearing my phones cache from rootmenu. Firefox still works however it uses more power and slows down the more i use it therefore I would really hope someone in here has a solution to making Chrome work again. I have an OnePlus 5t running Android 8.1, OxygenOS version 5.1.3 and Chrome version 67.0.3396.87

16 minutes ago, seoz said:

It's best to check first if you have these two options enabled under Advanced in Settings.

Capture.PNG.72642c40132ca87bbade1f19552dbb19.PNG

Should I have access to this when i'm on the phone? it's the chrome app for Android i'm not on a PC

1 minute ago, UncleMads said:

Should I have access to this when i'm on the phone? it's the chrome app for Android i'm not on a PC

Oh, you're on mobile, my mistake. :( 

In that case, go to Site Settings under Advanced and make sure Background Sync is on. This should work out.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 minute ago, seoz said:

Oh, you're on mobile, my mistake. :( 

In that case, go to Site Settings under Advanced and make sure Background Sync is on. This should work out.

I have that on and it still does not work.