How do I delete a google play account from a LG 2g

andybeech

Hi there my gf had to use her really old LG 2g which is on kernel 4.4.0 we are trying to work out how to remove a google account from the play store as all the instructions we find involve the 3 dots in the top right which I can not find as they don’t appear to be there.

any ideas would be great thanks 

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Log out of your email?

Reset the phone to factory settings?

16 minutes ago, andybeech said:

Hi there my gf had to use her really old LG 2g which is on kernel 4.4.0 we are trying to work out how to remove a google account from the play store as all the instructions we find involve the 3 dots in the top right which I can not find as they don’t appear to be there.

any ideas would be great thanks 

Back up any data she needs on the phone then reset it to factory defaults; you'll be able to set it up again with a new account once reset.

If my understanding is correct and please correct me if I am wrong, simply resetting the phone will not get rid of the account.  Think of your account as having two ends to it like a rope.  If you cut off one end of the rope, the other end still exists.  Resetting the device only gets rid of the information about the account on the one end.  The other end of the account, the end at Google still exists and will continue to operate.  It is just waiting for the user to re-establish their end so the information on the Google end can be dumped to the users device.  To completely eliminate your Google account, you must go thru the Google website.  Doing it that way shuts down the Google end of the rope so that it doesn't continue to suck up new junk email and other stuff.  Anything sent to that address will either get returned to the originator or sent to the trash.  I went thru the same situation several years ago when switching my email accounts from the old internet service provide to the new one.  Otherwise junk email would have continued to build up at the old account.

3 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

If my understanding is correct and please correct me if I am wrong, simply resetting the phone will not get rid of the account.  Think of your account as having two ends to it like a rope.  If you cut off one end of the rope, the other end still exists.  Resetting the device only gets rid of the information about the account on the one end.  The other end of the account, the end at Google still exists and will continue to operate.  It is just waiting for the user to re-establish their end so the information on the Google end can be dumped to the users device.  To completely eliminate your Google account, you must go thru the Google website.  Doing it that way shuts down the Google end of the rope so that it doesn't continue to suck up new junk email and other stuff.  Anything sent to that address will either get returned to the originator or sent to the trash.  I went thru the same situation several years ago when switching my email accounts from the old internet service provide to the new one.  Otherwise junk email would have continued to build up at the old account.

Hi thanks for the replies all and well forgot to say we had deleted the account from google but trying work out how to delete it off the phone so that she only has one account.

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

1 minute ago, andybeech said:

Hi thanks for the replies all and well forgot to say we had deleted the account from google but trying work out how to delete it off the phone so that she only has one account.

Thanks for the reply.  In that case, like the others above me stated, you should just be able to reset the phone and all should be good in the neighborhood.

6 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Thanks for the reply.  In that case, like the others above me stated, you should just be able to reset the phone and all should be good in the neighborhood.

Thanks we will try that backup the data to the laptop and try resetting thanks :)