Chip Challenge! Completed - Don't forget to change team BACK to 223518

I will be switching over my systems tonight - just added another 3770 CPU to the farm. :)
I dont know whaler, Will you be able to even give a mention? All these problems of just staying connected. Lol.

I will be switching over my systems tonight - just added another 3770 CPU to the farm. :)
I tried :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Awesome - thanks.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Some good reading. :) Doing about 120-130k PPD. Looking to fire up another large server on Monday. Should add 30k. Maybe a few more smaller ones as well, at least for the compo... Also, looking at some of the numbers those 4P units put out, makes my mouth water!

Yeah 4p servers can do that to a folder. :cool:

While there a bit on the pricey side to get one fully setup (cheapest I've ever seen someone build such was about $2k to get a full 4p system going. That's using ebay and similar sites), They rake in the largest amount of points while having the best PPD to Watt's ratio.

I know with at least 1 of the 2 4P servers on my team, His system only uses about 500 to 600 watts (might be less) from a Kill-A-Watt but it gets 300k to 400k+ ppd.

And to think that's not including the ability to overclock.... *Just to clarify... Yes, Thanks to the guys at [H]ard forums, it is possible with Super Micro boards with AMD Mangy Cours 61xx Opteron cpus (support for newer cpu's will come) to overclock a server system. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1677395 *

Now if only I had about $1k to $2k to get started on such a server.... (Eventually, I'll get started on a Folding server and I'll probably start off with 1 or 2 cpu's and stick them in a 4P server board so that I'm not trying to pay for everything right off the bat.)

Yes, I have read those post at [H]ard on building up a 2P and 4P unit. The problem is have $1,500 sitting around I don't need. :)

points_all_adj.png

Darn! Currently in 3rd place.

Third? Looks like first?

points_all_adj.png

Darn! Currently in 3rd place.

Sorry about that. Forgot I linked the source of the pic directly instead of coping it.

Which that source pic, It changes every hour.... so what ever I said "X" amount of hours ago is currently invalid.

XD

Wow, as of this moment, VGT went from 3rd to 1st in just one jump!

There Bigadv machines are a well oiled machine!

Saw that - some monster numbers - last check though, we were back in first! :D

Livestream shout out! :D Better late then never...

darn and i missed the live stream last night (or did they already change the date/time and I didn't hear about it?)

Had an event i just came back from not to long ago so I no matter what time it was, I would of missed it anyways.

Competition ends on Tuesday!

174k points atm, with 2 days with awful ppd on the gpu. Expecting 230k in the end of the competition. Thats funny because I only have 100k on ltt team.

A little late but just changed my team # to 32. I do not belong to overclockers forum, is this all I need to do?

darn and i missed the live stream last night (or did they already change the date/time and I didn't hear about it?) Had an event i just came back from not to long ago so I no matter what time it was' date=' I would of missed it anyways. Competition ends on Tuesday! [/quote']

The date and time are tentative for the next one - Monday, 4PM PST, April 29th - but that could change.

174k points atm' date=' with 2 days with awful ppd on the gpu. Expecting 230k in the end of the competition. Thats funny because I only have 100k on ltt team.[/quote']

Nice going! Same here - I cranked up about 4 systems in the house I don't normally fold on, just to much heat, and even a few at work. :)

A little late but just changed my team # to 32. I do not belong to overclockers forum' date=' is this all I need to do?[/quote']

Glad to have you!

Once again Chimp Challenge is coming to a close and that can mean only one thing,

it’s time to start saying thank you to all the people and teams

that have helped us during the challenge. Therefore I'd like to introduce

"Operation Primate"

The operation starts at the end of Chimp Challenge.

It has been an honor to battle along side you all.

the_cultie & Adak salute.gif

Within this operation we have organised a number of missions to help the people and teams that have helped us.

Each mission is color coded to match the mission map below.

This year each mission duration will be based on delivering the same amount of points plus a little more that each team sacrificed to give to us. We are just waiting on the final data and this post will be updated as soon as we know. Regardless the operation will start after the race is over.

We will also use a team name as this will help us keep track of points delivered and to make sure everyone gets what they deserve.

Please note that some colors will not match the map as I've had to change them to work with the new light skin the forum is defaulted to sly.gif

Reddit Reward

This mission begins on Tuesday 23rd after Chimp Challenge winds up. We will sail from our home on Monkey Island aboard the USS Poo Flinger to port at News Central.

We will unload supplies and give them a nice party to thank them for their help. The party will end as soon as XXX points has been delivered.

Folding name: OCFthanksReddit

Team number: 50959

Passkey: TBA

Points to deliver: TBA

Thanking TRP

After we finish on News Central we shall weigh anchor and sail for Raptor Islands. Here we shall deliver the most prized item on the islands;

completed work units. We will remain in port until we have delivered enough points to power their point powered reactor until next year.

Folding name: OCFthanksTRP

Team number: 74960

Tom’s Thank You

After we finish at Raptop Islands we will head to port at Tom’s Retreat.

We will unload supplies and have some shore leave on this island retreat.

Folding name: OCFthanksTomsHardware

Team number: 40051

Linus’ Tip

After we finish our relaxing stop at Tom’s Retreat we will sail at full speed to Linus Sanctuary. Again we’ll supply them with a healthy supply of completed work units and also a few extra for good measure.

Folding name: OCFthanksLinusTTT

Team number: 223518

Pit Crew’s Pit Stop

Next we shall make a pit stop over at Crater Island to help with repairs and upgrades for the Pit Crew team. We’ll also give them a nice stash of points to keep them going for the year.

Folding name: OCFthanksPitCrew

Team number: 32035

Helping [H]

We will then sail to port at [H] Haven. We will unload desperately needed supplies and help in their epic battle with EVGA. This battle was going on last year and is still going.

Folding name: OCFthanks[H]

Team number: 33

SETI Tsunami

We will then start on the home stretch of our mission and head for UFO Archipelago. Stay alert as we pass through the strait of E.T. Strange things have been reported there, Adak even went missing last year as we passed through here! When we dock we shall bring enough fire power to create a tsunami to wash over their enemies.

For the SETI mission you can use your own username. We will remain in port for X days.

Rosetta Rescue

Our last port of call is at Rosetta Refuge. We shall stay here for X days as we unload much need fuel that they graciously donated to us to keep the USS Poo Flinger going during the battle.

Again, you can use your own username.

Return to Monkey Island

After the X day stay at Rosetta Refuge we shall return home to resume our regular folding mission. The USS Poo Flinger will be brought into dry dock where she will be given a complete inspection and repairs in preparation for next year’s battle.

Operation%20Primate.jpg

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7463655#post7463655

So i hear you guys needed a boost in ranks? :cool: