Chip Challenge! Completed - Don't forget to change team BACK to 223518

Looking forward to the USS Poo Flinger swinging our way. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

It's all over, we've helped OCF to victory! :D

Yep, 2nd year in a row they won this challenge and they're thanking all the assisting teams greatly as this would not of been possible without our help.

Now to honor my promise i made on the first page, I'll be turning one of my machines to fold for you guys.

I'll start folding under "OCFthanksLinusTTT" getting that name going before the real OFC force arrive.

Although It will be a few weeks till OCF actually come around but I'll keep folding for you guys until they have to move on too there next group after you guys. (Meaning I wont leave until they're done folding for you.)

Once they're done, I'll be back to folding for my team (Tom's) but just like always, I'll be around to give any assistance, news, advice, ect.

Thanks Warmon6 - you are a great asset to the Folding section and really appreciate it. Enjoyed the CC this year. I also spent some time checking out some other teams CC postings as well - fun reading.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Also, for any of you competing in the the CC- don't forget to change your team from 32 BACK to 223518. :)

It was very fun, glad to be part of it. After all, I got 246k points and up to 850 in OCF rank. Now back folding to LTT team, with my new i5 3570k coming tomorrow.

That will be a nice addition :)

Also, for any of you competing in the the CC- don't forget to change your team from 32 BACK to 223518. :)
Thanks for changing the title whaler!

I would of done it my self but the forum went buggy with my OP and didn't allow me to edit it at all.

Hope the forum change comes soon. So far, vB 5 has not been enjoyable for anyone.

Try being a mod on this thing. :D

Thanks for changing the title whaler! I would of done it my self but the forum went buggy with my OP and didn't allow me to edit it at all. Hope the forum change comes soon. So far, vB 5 has not been enjoyable for anyone.

Try being a mod on this thing. :D

Well. Guess i should be careful what i wish.  :lol:

Didn't expect the change to happen so soon. *I can edit my OP again! :D * 

Well Whaler, I see that I manage to get a Shout out in the latest afterparty.  :lol:

Too bad that I missed it.

Sadly, I don't follow twitter so I missed the time change completely.  Guess I'll be prepared next time around.  :ph34r:

I saw that. Happened to get the live stream by chance. Neat and overclockers won.

Well Whaler, I see that I manage to get a Shout out in the latest afterparty.  :lol:

Too bad that I missed it.

Sadly, I don't follow twitter so I missed the time change completely.  Guess I'll be prepared next time around.  :ph34r:

Yep - told Slick to make sure we mention you for all the help. :)

Well OCF just got done with Tom's and are currently with PitCrew.

After that, They'll be on here with you guys.

It'll probably be a about a week to 1 1/2 weeks till they arrive. 

Excellent :)  Maybe that will push us over into that top 200 spot...

Excellent :)  Maybe that will push us over into that top 200 spot...

Well, your wish is granted.  :P

Your currently in spot number #199. (Jumped 4 spots in the past 24 hours.)  :blink:

Also you now have over 250 active users!  confused0052.gif  (Linus team currently is in 12th for most active folders)

Just to give an Idea of how big that is, I think your now as large as (if not larger than) OCF that currently helping you.

*They have lower active folders right now but because of the Operation going on, some of there active folders are inactive. So the number will adjust.*

Awesome! Was checking the stats and noticed that today... bloody hell, they might overtake me :)

Overall the race was very fun and intense, and now this boost is very welcomed. Rank 198 of 218132 atm, huge bump for the team.

Something I wanted to talk about and never remembered, any of you guys followed evga's side of the race?

Basically they said that OCF was the only team that massively recruited visiting racers, and that's what won the challenge for them. It's true, the raw amount of points that the visitors generated times the handicap was key for the victory. For the next race evga said that they wont compete as a team, but they'll join any team besides OCF to leverage the points with the handicap multiplier. If that happens there's no way for any other team to win without massive (By massive I mean all the other teams racing together as one). So this was possibly the last "legit" challenge.

What you guys think about it?

Ya, I was at their forum and a couple of others. Seems like a lot of them wanted to complain that it was unfair... But apparently most of the "captains" hardly did much to help come up with things and get stuff going... so...

And ya, OCF did really well recruiting. I also look at the OCF thread versus some others. Adak put a lot of work into getting people, engaging, updating, etc. 

As for next year, just have to see what come of it... be a very different race if GPU folding is doing as well as it is now - could give the big 4P units a race for their money.

from my understanding, some of the others team dont want any one recruiting "outside" help in the next race.

Instead they want a 2 tier approach. 

1 tier for old CC teams (such as OCF) and other tier for new teams that haven't competed in the CC before. 

Although because the next race is a year away, that just an idea and we could be racing under drastically different rules.

Although I think it's clear that OCF recruiting other team's for next year might be out of the question if everyone else has it there way.  

Thanks for the input guys!

I think the 2 tiers solution is great, this way smaller teams can get into the race by themselves.

Hopefully the captains will put more thought into it next year.