Threadripper 1900x & Enermax Liqtech 240 Extremely high temperatures

Hey guys,

I'm in trouble. I have a TR 1900X as stated above with an Enermax Liqtech 240.

This PC is right round 3 months old and I remember when I first started it, idle temps were around 35C and maybe 60C under load.

Current idle temp is about 60C

At the moment when I play a game for more than 15 minutes, the CPU heats up massively up to a point where the CPU clocks down to prevent itself from melting I guess.

Ryzen Master and HWINFO64 sometimes show temperatures above 68C, sometimes both are stuck at exactly 68C. I don't understand why but yeah, it happens. Highest I could actually see was 85C.

Whats bothering me now is.. none of the tipps and tricks you can find around the internet do fix the issue.

Other things, such as removing the Liqtech AiO from the system to check whats going on inside I cannot do as I have literally no experience with that and don't even know how to remove that stuff.

I have tried everything I could find from using different BIOS settings to using software to set all of my fans to full power and whatnot.

I can feel the water flow in the tubings, pump seems to be working and the air coming out of the computer where the fans are is icy cold so that stuff is working.

GPU is around 50-60C most of the time.

I don't know what else to do. At one point I was thinking it was the ambient temperatures in my room but even though it's not especially cold in here, it doesn't feel like it is too hot. Then again I'm a noob when it comes to cooling solutions in computers.

Is there anything I have not thought of that probably fixes the issue or should I just go buy a full watercooling solution?

Because despite the fact that I don't know much about computer hardware, I know that at some point when things heat up enough, they take severe damage and just die.

Before I forget.. since I don't know much about this very subject, I might have left out important details you guys need to know in order to help, incase you want to. Please just let me know. I'll provide whatever information you need.

Thanks alot in advance

EDIT: could the GPU possible increase the CPUs temperature? That thing is pretty close to the CPU.

I have just again checked reviews of the Enermax Liqtech 240 and people keep saying it was a great AiO, their CPUs are at 30C in idle mode. I find this very weird.

26 minutes ago, rbt said:

Hey guys,

I'm in trouble. I have a TR 1900X as stated above with an Enermax Liqtech 240.

This PC is right round 3 months old and I remember when I first started it, idle temps were around 35C and maybe 60C under load.

Current idle temp is about 60C

At the moment when I play a game for more than 15 minutes, the CPU heats up massively up to a point where the CPU clocks down to prevent itself from melting I guess.

Ryzen Master and HWINFO64 sometimes show temperatures above 68C, sometimes both are stuck at exactly 68C. I don't understand why but yeah, it happens. Highest I could actually see was 85C.

Whats bothering me now is.. none of the tipps and tricks you can find around the internet do fix the issue.

Other things, such as removing the Liqtech AiO from the system to check whats going on inside I cannot do as I have literally no experience with that and don't even know how to remove that stuff.

I have tried everything I could find from using different BIOS settings to using software to set all of my fans to full power and whatnot.

I can feel the water flow in the tubings, pump seems to be working and the air coming out of the computer where the fans are is icy cold so that stuff is working.

GPU is around 50-60C most of the time.

I don't know what else to do. At one point I was thinking it was the ambient temperatures in my room but even though it's not especially cold in here, it doesn't feel like it is too hot. Then again I'm a noob when it comes to cooling solutions in computers.

Is there anything I have not thought of that probably fixes the issue or should I just go buy a full watercooling solution?

Because despite the fact that I don't know much about computer hardware, I know that at some point when things heat up enough, they take severe damage and just die.

Before I forget.. since I don't know much about this very subject, I might have left out important details you guys need to know in order to help, incase you want to. Please just let me know. I'll provide whatever information you need.

Thanks alot in advance

EDIT: could the GPU possible increase the CPUs temperature? That thing is pretty close to the CPU.

I have just again checked reviews of the Enermax Liqtech 240 and people keep saying it was a great AiO, their CPUs are at 30C in idle mode. I find this very weird.

That AIO isn't designed for the TR4 socket. It's made for more mainstream CPUs that aren't nearly that big. Because of the way it's set up, you won't be getting proper coverage of the dies under the IHS.

i was shocked for a moment but found out right after that I havent given you the correct name.

the one i have is called "Enermax LiqTech TR4 240"