Asus PA248Q Thoughts

ander12391

I recently ordered a new ASUS PA248Q from BestBuy and its supposed to be here on the 5th..  I spent a lot of time on the various tech forums researching monitors before I settled on this one. I plan to use it for Gaming and light photo editing and from what I've seen from Linus's unboxing this monitor seems like the perfect choice. What is your guys thoughts on this monitor?

Its a beautiful monitor, but why BestBuy? You would've gotten a MUCH better price from Newegg or Amazon. Just saying...

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

I'm using a PA248Q, and I can say that you made a worthy purchase. The colors are outstanding, and true to life. I can't even notice the motion blur and the input lag is not noticeable at all.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Yes it's a perfect monitor for the price. I don't think Linus did unboxing of PA248Q, He did an unboxing of PA246Q which is slightly older. Nevertheless its still a very good monitor for gaming. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Its a beautiful monitor, but why BestBuy? You would've gotten a MUCH better price from Newegg or Amazon. Just saying...

Ist actually just the same price as amazon http://www.amazon.com/PA248Q-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Professional-Graphics/dp/B008DWH00K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388292056&sr=8-1&keywords=ASUS+PA248Q

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-proart-24-lcd-monitor/1306357522.p?id=mp1306357522&skuId=1306357522

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

It's a great monitor, enjoy it :)

Yay for 500 posts

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

I recently ordered a new ASUS PA248Q from BestBuy and its supposed to be here on the 5th..  I spent a lot of time on the various tech forums researching monitors before I settled on this one. I plan to use it for Gaming and light photo editing and from what I've seen from Linus's unboxing this monitor seems like the perfect choice. What is your guys thoughts on this monitor?

great choice, you will be very happy with it ^_^

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Wow. For once BestBuy didnt bullcrap us. 

Lol but newegg is cheaper with rebates but I never really liked rebates

Wow. For once BestBuy didnt bullcrap us. 

Last time I visited BestBuy they claimed they price check.  I also got bugged by an employee like 5 times, I don't care if it's part of their job it is god damn annoying. 

I actually work for Geek Squad. But it was actually cheaper to price match it to Tiger Direct  for 299... Plus I could use my employee discount on the service plan. Common misconception though BestBuy has made great strides to make sure we are competitive on our prices, and if you find it for less on another respectable E-Retailier they will price match it for you. But to get it back on track. Im glad to hear that my choice was a good one.