Star Citizen

AustinKZombie

So I bought the Origin 325a Fighter ship and now am wondering if later when the Idris comes available should I also purchase it. Ive ordered a Saitek X52 Pro though madcatz on Dec 23 hope to be delivered soon. So should I purchase this ship Or wait and earn it in game. CANT WAIT FOR STAR CITIZEN RELEASE. Also if the Idris is 300$ or more im not buying it.

I really don't understand how people pay that amount of money for a game that isn't even out yet.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

The Idris-P is $1250...

DUFUQ YOU CAN BUY THE FLEET PACK FOR THAT IS FUCKING RIDICULES 

DUFUQ YOU CAN BUY THE FLEET PACK FOR THAT IS FUCKING RIDICULES 

it's meant as a starter command ship for a clan. I know @That Norwegian Guy got one and I think he said the clan all pitched in a little bit to get the ship

I was so shocked when I went browsing through the multi ship packages and saw that the 15 000$ completionist was sold out...

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I was so shocked when I went browsing through the multi ship packages and saw that the 15 000$ completionist was sold out...

Same here that shocked me.

it's meant as a starter command ship for a clan. I know @That Norwegian Guy got one and I think he said the clan all pitched in a little bit to get the ship

How much would they have pitched in.

but you get the million mile high club lol and they only had 1 copy of that package

Don't remember ask him

but you get the million mile high club lol and they only had 1 copy of that package

Don't remember ask him

That makes sense I thought they sold like 30

So I bought the Origin 325a Fighter ship and now am wondering if later when the Idris comes available should I also purchase it. Ive ordered a Saitek X52 Pro though madcatz on Dec 23 hope to be delivered soon. So should I purchase this ship Or wait and earn it in game. CANT WAIT FOR STAR CITIZEN RELEASE. Also if the Idris is 300$ or more im not buying it.

Invest in buying a Star Destroyer

35934.jpg  Star Destroyers in my opinion are the best warships in the entire Galactic Empire

Hey there,

We had 10 people donating to the Idris (which incidentally is how many crew slots there are :) ) so the average per person was as you can imagine $125.  Though some gave more and some less. I pitched in $250 for example.

The Idris is impossible to fly solo, so most people should stay clear of a ship like that unless they have at least 3-6 good trustworthy friends to fly it with, then use AI for the rest of the crew positions. If your plan is to fly solo, the Constellation is according to Chris Roberts the biggest (in terms of number of crew slots) that you will be able to comfortably solo with while using AI for the turrets and the snub fighter.

I also wouldn't bet on the Idris variants becoming available again anyway until the game is live and you can earn one in-game.

Remember that all these ships are going to be possible to get in-game, the pledge ships are just there to let people start out using a ship that fits their play style. In my case, being quite a hardcore gamer with a big organization full of friends, and being very teamwork-oriented, the Idris made a lot of sense. It may not be the right ship for you. Look for a ship that fits what you imagine you'll have fun doing, don't look at the biggest price tag and assume the bigger the better.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Hey there,

We had 10 people donating to the Idris (which incidentally is how many crew slots there are :) ) so the average per person was as you can imagine $125.  Though some gave more and some less. I pitched in $250 for example.

The Idris is impossible to fly solo, so most people should stay clear of a ship like that unless they have at least 3-6 good trustworthy friends to fly it with, then use AI for the rest of the crew positions. If your plan is to fly solo, the Constellation is according to Chris Roberts the biggest (in terms of number of crew slots) that you will be able to comfortably solo with while using AI for the turrets and the snub fighter.

I also wouldn't bet on the Idris variants becoming available again anyway until the game is live and you can earn one in-game.

Remember that all these ships are going to be possible to get in-game, the pledge ships are just there to let people start out using a ship that fits their play style. In my case, being quite a hardcore gamer with a big organization full of friends, and being very teamwork-oriented, the Idris made a lot of sense. It may not be the right ship for you. Look for a ship that fits what you imagine you'll have fun doing, don't look at the biggest price tag and assume the bigger the better.

Do ships in this game permanently blow up? 

So can your fictional spaceship, that you guys bought for over a thousand dollars of real life money, be permanently blow up? Or does it respawn for you guys if it's destroyed?  

Do ships in this game permanently blow up? 

So can your fictional spaceship, that you guys bought for over a thousand dollars of real life money, be permanently blow up? Or does it respawn for you guys if it's destroyed?  

There is insurance policy in-game that you can buy for a ship (and pay a weekly or monthly nominal fee of credits) to insure the hull. Likewise, there are also ship equipment/ upgrades insurance. Before November this year, every pledge ship came with lifetime insurance (hull only) but anything bought from December onwards has to be insured like anything bought in-game.

When you lose a ship, there is a waiting period depending on the cost of the ship (the bigger/ more expensive, the longer it takes) before the insurance company ships you a replacement. For something like an Aurora, it could get to you on the hour, but something like an Idris may take something like 3 days to a week to replace.

Anything not insured is lost. They have said though that equipments, upgrades and loadout insurance will be much more expensive than the insurance for a ship hull, so the lifetime insurance is of negligible importance.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

There is insurance policy in-game that you can buy for a ship (and pay a weekly or monthly nominal fee of credits) to insure the hull. Likewise, there are also ship equipment/ upgrades insurance. Before November this year, every pledge ship came with lifetime insurance (hull only) but anything bought from December onwards has to be insured like anything bought in-game.

When you lose a ship, there is a waiting period depending on the cost of the ship (the bigger/ more expensive, the longer it takes) before the insurance company ships you a replacement. For something like an Aurora, it could get to you on the hour, but something like an Idris may take something like 3 days to a week to replace.

Anything not insured is lost. They have said though that equipments, upgrades and loadout insurance will be much more expensive than the insurance for a ship hull, so the lifetime insurance is of negligible importance.

Can you estimate how much insurance it costs monthly for the ship you guys got? (Everything included: ship, cargo, upgrades...)

The game looks awesome and I am really looking forward to it but I have NEVER preorered a game and so I can't see myself spending that kind of money before some people have tried it out first.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

Can you estimate how much insurance it costs monthly for the ship you guys got? (Everything included: ship, cargo, upgrades...)

No that information is not available yet. And even if I had the numbers, it would be quite meaningless without context of the value of the ingame currency :P

All I know is that you won't feel an impact of the hull insurance (could be less trivial on large ships) but as you progress in the game and get more expensive upgrades, you'll really start feeling the "hurt" of the insurance for the things you deck out your ship with, possibly encouraging players to stock up weapons and modules they find to switch in when they lose something, and only insure their very favourite upgrades and components.

Like for example, you manage to disable a Xi'An alien ship and manage to get a hold of an extremely hard to get tractor beam or shield emitter, you want to insure that bad boy if it's useful to you. But if you have looted 14 top-of-the-line rotary cannons off military Hornets, you might not be inclined to insure them at all until you start to 'run out'.

This is just speculative of course, how I imagine they intend to make the top-end player economy work.

No that information is not available yet. And even if I had the numbers, it would be quite meaningless without context of the value of the ingame currency :P

All I know is that you won't feel an impact of the hull insurance (could be less trivial on large ships) but as you progress in the game and get more expensive upgrades, you'll really start feeling the "hurt" of the insurance for the things you deck out your ship with, possibly encouraging players to stock up weapons and modules they find to switch in when they lose something, and only insure their very favourite upgrades and components.

Like for example, you manage to disable a Xi'An alien ship and manage to get a hold of an extremely hard to get tractor beam or shield emitter, you want to insure that bad boy if it's useful to you. But if you have looted 14 top-of-the-line rotary cannons off military Hornets, you might not be inclined to insure them at all until you start to 'run out'.

This is just speculative of course, how I imagine they intend to make the top-end player economy work.

So wait, will you be paying for the insurance with in game currency that you have made by your activity in the game? Or do you have to pay real life money for the insurance? I hope this is not going to be one of those pay to win games.

Yea the Idris is SUPER expensive.... My cousin and I are teaming up with this game and both need some SERIOUS upgrades before we even fire it up :)

Specs: CPU: FX 8350 MOBO: Crosshair V Formula-Z RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Beast 1600Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce GHz Edition PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: Corsair 750D Storage: Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB + WD 2TB Green + WD 200GB Black (non-functional/to take up space) Monitor: ASUS PB238Q Upgrade Plans Herehttp://pcpartpicker.com/user/chipsndip104/saved/3AAt

So wait, will you be paying for the insurance with in game currency that you have made by your activity in the game? Or do you have to pay real life money for the insurance? I hope this is not going to be one of those pay to win games.

No no, the insurance fee is paid using in-game currency that you earn in-game :)